Lights behind Heater / AC Dials Blown? Camry '04

MACRI

Hi Guys,

Got a quetsion for you, maybe some of you have come across this. I notice initially that one of the lights behind the Heater / AC dials died (this was soon after my 3 year warranty expired). A little while after that, another of the lights blew. From what I can tell, it looks as though there were 4 lights running across. The first light that blew was the center left one, then the center right one. Now all 4 of them are not working, so I cannot see any of the controls in the dark.

Both the AC and Heater works fine. The Hazzard control light button and demister work fine.

Any ideas? I was thinking it was a fuse (is there a fuse that controlls these lights?), but that woudlnt make sense, because the whole lot would have stopped working.

I managed to remove all the dash (as I was removing my Pioneer HU and fitting the factory one back), and decided I would try and fix this problem, I found that the actual panel which holds the AC and Heater controls are "sealed", and tried to open up the cover (which was pretty difficult), but couldn't actually get to it...

From what I could tell, it looks as though they have used those lights which are soldered in, like small thin LED's, but I could be wrong...

Any help would be appriciated.... I really don't want to go to Toyota $ervice Department, because I can imagine how much they charge...

There are no other electrical problems with the car what so ever, so I'm not too sure what this could be.

The car is Toyota Camry Sportivo 04 model.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Got a quetsion for you, maybe some of you have come across this. I notice initially that one of the lights behind the Heater / AC dials died (this was soon after my 3 year warranty expired). A little while after that, another of the lights blew. From what I can tell, it looks as though there were 4 lights running across. The first light that blew was the center left one, then the center right one. Now all 4 of them are not working, so I cannot see any of the controls in the dark.

Both the AC and Heater works fine. The Hazzard control light button and demister work fine.

Any ideas? I was thinking it was a fuse (is there a fuse that controlls these lights?), but that woudlnt make sense, because the whole lot would have stopped working.

I managed to remove all the dash (as I was removing my Pioneer HU and fitting the factory one back), and decided I would try and fix this problem, I found that the actual panel which holds the AC and Heater controls are "sealed", and tried to open up the cover (which was pretty difficult), but couldn't actually get to it...

From what I could tell, it looks as though they have used those lights which are soldered in, like small thin LED's, but I could be wrong...

Any help would be appriciated.... I really don't want to go to Toyota $ervice Department, because I can imagine how much they charge...

There are no other electrical problems with the car what so ever, so I'm not too sure what this could be.

The car is Toyota Camry Sportivo 04 model.

Thanks

Have any photos? What do the LEDs look like?

Or are they actual bulbs?

I have felt the AC panel before, and it feels too warm to be LEDs, so you might be in luck that you won't need to do any SMD LED Soldering..

Hi, thanks for the responce.

Not too sure, the controlls are sealed in with those plastic clips, which are quite hard to get off...

Not only that, but you have the cables running for both the heater, and the recycle / outside air option..

They look quite difficult to take off, so I havent progressed down that path yet....

I did however find, that when I knocked on the left hand side (where the air selection is), the right side lit up.. when I knocked on the right side, it lit up the left hand... so I think it's safe to suggest that it is most likely a loose wire. I can only assume that road vibrations caused the wire to come loose... and it must be more than one connection as I had different parts loose illumination (as described in my first post).

I will take some snaps when I get around to doing it for the benefit of others, and I'll see if I can find the exact wires running to it..

If anyone else has any suggestions, please feel free to post em up in the mean time.