info on 80 series landcruiser

kirby

hey all,

it would be greatly appreciated if someone out there could answer some of my questions on the 80 series landcruiser

1) what is the wattage out-put of the head unit of the car

2) an easy to follow step by step guide to remove the head unit

3) is the boot speaker 6inch, is that set up in a way that it only plays bass noises(like a subwoofer would) or is it just my car

4) kilowatts and torque of the old beast

5) why would 2nd gear be always hard to get into in the mornings when i first start it up up yet 3rd gear is really easy, almost loose

any help would be greatly appreciated

kirby

Hey Kirby, I've already replied to your pm about the stereo stuff.

As for the second gear problem, mines been like it since about the 180,000 klm mark. I’ve tried using lighter gearbox oil and the problem was definitely improved for a little while, but our syncro's are just worn. You just need to match the revs when changing into second until the box warms up a little.

I know the petrol 1FZ made 165KW at the fly when new. Not too sure about the torque figure.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey all,

it would be greatly appreciated if someone out there could answer some of my questions on the 80 series landcruiser

1) what is the wattage out-put of the head unit of the car

2) an easy to follow step by step guide to remove the head unit

3) is the boot speaker 6inch, is that set up in a way that it only plays bass noises(like a subwoofer would) or is it just my car

4) kilowatts and torque of the old beast

5) why would 2nd gear be always hard to get into in the mornings when i first start it up up yet 3rd gear is really easy, almost loose

any help would be greatly appreciated

kirby

Removing the headunit in the 80 series is fairly straight forward, however it does mean the removal of the entire dash surround from drivers door to glove compartment (the glove compartment does not need to be removed, nor does the drivers door)

The good news is this is only 6 screws and the rest just clips together, you may have to play around with the steering wheel tilt in order to actually get the facia off from above the wheel.

I have to head to work right now, but if you need any more assistance please let me know