Camry Grande onboard GPS

celendin

Hi,

I received six $142.00 speeding tickets over the course of three days on the same road. I have read that some drivers were able to beat some of their speeding tickets by using their onboard GPS systems to prove that the recordings made by police cameras were faulty.

I own a 2008 Camry Grande, it has onboard GPS. I was wondering if it had a feature which I could use to review my actual speed during those times the police allege I went over the limit.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello there and welcome,.

best contacting your dealer for mroe information about the gps, so they can guild you through it. But i doubt it, dont think the system has an inbuilt hard drive to store its memory. but then again, i could always be wrong.

No it doesn't record.

Hey Mate,

I have a Grande as well and have searched the internet far and wide to find schematics and tweaks for it. I have full service man's for the car as well as some great sites for the headunit etc. I have just fitted a reversing camera which cast $30 whole job. Am about to fit a USB interface so i can play direcly from a 250Gb HD. Head unit sees it as a CD changer. Also found where you can get matching leather DVD headrests for the kids in the back for $400 OZ.

Drop me an email if you want any details.

How did you manage 6 tickets?!?! All in the same spot? I know there was a rule that states you cant have consecutive speed cameras within a certain distance if it isnt.

How did you manage 6 tickets?!?! All in the same spot? I know there was a rule that states you cant have consecutive speed cameras within a certain distance if it isnt.

OH CRAP! i didnt know he received 6 :lol: seriously goodluck, I ain't helping you buddy. If you were speeding then tough luck!

how many kph were you over?

they were all between 5km to 10km

taken at different times throughout the day at the same intersection on western ring road. I just follow the traffic, so it amazes me that i was over so many times, so then the guy in front of me should get booked as well

Unless you were in a 50 zone, they can't book you for 5 over as speedometer units have a variance of up to 10%.

That rule doesn't stand anymore. More so Camry as it's already overreading by a fair margin with the new speedometer calibration regulations.

And if you're in Victoria, you're busted for 3km/h over... and the +/- variance doesn't stand in their courts (precidence has been set).