Wire run through firewall (Gen 3/wide body)

donn2at

Hey guys, I've got a '94 CS-X and trying to get some wires through the firewall. The consensus is the big square grommet on the passenger side, but does anyone have any pics they can show me? I got as far as removing the glovebox but I ran out of time today to look for the grommet from the cabin side.

As a backup, what other routes have you guys used for the Gen 3?

Thanks in advance!

Donn

Gold Coast, Qld

Not sure on how similiar it is to the US Camry, but I passed all my wires through the hole in the firewall BEHIND the wheel splash guard where the hood release line runs through.

nah man ur making a hard job easy the square gromet is easy done you can literally unbolt it and take it out thus allowing it much easier to pierce a hole through the gromet so the wires can pass through safely, also under the dash should be like a black sheild drop that out with the door open and you should be able to see carpet pass the wire through piece of *****, thats where my amp cable alarm siren all go through there.

• 2 weeks later...

As Bangers states... very easy job.

I did exactly what he did. Unscrew the square grommet attached to the firewall, pass the power cable through one side, and drop it down the back of the firewall into the footwell. You'll need to take off that black bashplate or whatever it is to get ahold of it. From there, it's as simple as feeding the power cable down to the boot. I ran my 4 gauge cable along the left side under the carpet, under the rear seats, straight into the boot.

Run your RCA cabling down the right... lol. You'll be susceptible for feedback otherwise with the power.

I've not once had a problem with my amp or wiring. The whole lot was rerun by myself and a couple of other mates from Auscam... only one way to do it, and that's "properly".