Corolla Sedans (Got sqwat!)

Hello,

I know most of you have sportivos, but just after some info (or a slap in the head).

I have the face lifted ascent sedan and have now come to realise that there is sqwatdiddly accessories out there ... :(

I know its fairly new and that maybe why but I can only find a few bits a pieces..

and i dont mean the common stuff that fits everycar.

Ive looked around different dealers and dont know of many other shops in the Sydney area...........

this is what i have found....................

"sports" suspension and springs are for hatches only

Head/tail lights and eyelids.... Nope

and body kits are limited and the ones they have a ok .. but not great .. and a bit pricey too ..

What else can I do to my car .......

Rims are on the way ... so cant wait for that ..

DOH !!!! .. should have bought a hatch !!

welcome to the face lift club what else do you want to do, im pretty sure that everything that i have done (listed in sig) would work on a sedan so what have you got in mind?

Red Calipers.. you painted them ??? whered you get the paint ..

and yes ... the head lights are different ... no eyelids .. yet !

I know a guy that sells white brake decals .. high temp

would look nice on red calipers ..

myself and grimlock here have the sedan also but ours are before the facelift.

you have better head lamps than us so i would not worry about a little thing such as lids for them. you can drop in factory hid for your teardrop style lamps but for us there is no factory option but to do a conversion.

all springs by australian manufacturers available for the hatch are suitable for the sedan. but if you want springs specifically coiled for the sedan you will have to look at c-one in japan or d2 coilovers from taiwan. the front end is identical but i think the rear guard of the sedan is a little bit larger than the hatch.

with the sedan you can also drop in factory led tail lamps! only the sedan and wagon get this option. for my tail lamps i am changing them to the japanese face lift version which looks like mercedes c class.

remember to check out c-one as they have a lot for the facelift. there are several other companies from japan too.

myself and grimlock here have the sedan also but ours are before the facelift.

you have better head lamps than us so i would not worry about a little thing such as lids for them.  you can drop in factory hid for your teardrop style lamps but for us there is no factory option but to do a conversion.

all springs by australian manufacturers available for the hatch are suitable for the sedan. but if you want springs specifically coiled for the sedan you will have to look at c-one in japan or d2 coilovers from taiwan. the front end is identical but i think the rear guard of the sedan is a little bit larger than the hatch.

with the sedan you can also drop in factory led tail lamps! only the sedan and wagon get this option. for my tail lamps i am changing them to the japanese face lift version which looks like mercedes c class.

remember to check out c-one as they have a lot for the facelift. there are several other companies from japan too.

YAY ! .. fellow sedaners .. the bloke @ castle hill toyota said that the springs they have for the hatch and not for the sedan ?? odd .. im not fussed .. i just started asking @ the dealer.

And your right .. the headlights are ok and not really looking to change them. and the tail lights are aiight too .. i changed to white/blue light bulbs.

Its just fustrating. I have only just got this car .. Traded in my Jeep Wrangler.. man i miss that car .. soo many aftermarket options .. coz the shape hasnt changed in years ... and miss the power too ! .. I miss my jeep (it didnt purrrr.. it roared !!! ).. but for now i will have to putt along in the stock sedan :(

welcome to the face lift club what else do you want to do, im pretty sure that everything that i have done (listed in sig) would work on a sedan so what have you got in mind?

Red Calipers.. you painted them ??? whered you get the paint ..

and yes ... the head lights are different ... no eyelids .. yet !

I know a guy that sells white brake decals .. high temp

would look nice on red calipers ..

Use VHT Brake Caliper and Rotor paint from Autobarn or just about any auto retailer.

King Springs do lowered springs for a sedan. I've seen them with my own little eyes. If you want a custom set of springs then they will do that too if you want to pay.

What abour cat back exhaust systems ??? any recommendations for the sedan ?

i would just change the muffler and leave the other piping alone. stay away from straight through mufflers as they will be noisy and lose back pressure.

you can get trd waydo for performance. waydo is the name for wagon (known as fielder in japan) however i have used this before and it bolts on to the sedan because the back end is similar.

do not try to bolt on a muffler designed for the hatch as it will be too short. if you do you would need to lengthen the pipe at the back of the muffler also reposition the mounting hooks to match the grommets under the car.

so anything for the wagon is fine for the sedan if you cannot find what you want for the sedan look for stuff for the wagon.

Sedans look real sleek if you stick to the basics, just lower it and get a nice set of wheels, if you look at kcorro's car, you'll see that he's done just that and the car looks great.

I think your right ! ..

the color of my car is the metallic black with paint protechtion and sometimes i look at it and it is nice ( esp after a wash) .... but the fact that i havent changed my rims ...(still stock rims and cap) looks crap..

although I just got a TOMs air filter .. so its a start

black is nice it has gold mica in it. before the facelift the darkest colour available for the sedan was cascade blue there was no ink.

footwork on the sedan is important to make it look good. so look at lowering it and getting some new wheels. i really think touring style wheels work well with the sedan.

glad you got the tom's filter. you are the only other person i know who has it too. look at discarding the intake funnel snorkel and also the resonator white box if you have one and the car will run really good.

Edited by kcorro

black is nice it has gold mica in it. before the facelift the darkest colour available for the sedan was cascade blue there was no ink.

footwork on the sedan is important to make it look good. so look at lowering it and getting some new wheels. i really think touring style wheels work well with the sedan.

glad you got the tom's filter. you are the only other person i know who has it too. look at discarding the intake funnel snorkel and also the resonator white box if you have one and the car will run really good.

yeah .. i 2nd that ... would be great if you could enlighten us with pics and instructions ..

there are pics of the sportivo somewhere but that only shows the snorkel bit as sportivos come stock without the resonator bottle.

when i do the work on izzfe car i will take the pics then and do a step by step guide. it would be hard to show you what to do on mine as it has already been done and i have trashed those parts.

i think this is the box that you are talking about, the stivo's dont have it the red line is the path that the intake duct takes and the white arrow shows the intake point. in the bottom of the resonator (the white box) is about 5 holes i think the idea is for any water sucked into the intake to fall at this point and drain out oh AND to reduce performance as all stock parts do :P

post-247-1106109107_thumb.jpg

so lemme get this right ..

take everything in the pink area out .. which is the snorkle and the white box ?

And then what happens to the part (pointed out by the blue arrow)

Leave it as it is or direct it to a different spot ??

and if it is left there i wonder how much water can actually get in ????

post-501-1106110059_thumb.jpg

Edited by eggbert_99

Not much air will get in there, and take off all the intake pipes before the filter box and get some flexible ducting and jam it in the air filter box and point it down where the white box was

OR

rip it all out and get a TRD CAI you would be hard pressed to get better bang:buck from any other mod plus all all the 1zz-fe owners will be able to tell you that the growl that you will get is insane