Help, vibrating when stopped at lights - foot on brake

BONDIE

Do any of you guys know what could be causing this.

When the car is idiling at the lights etc, there is vibrating noise and noticeable feeling through the steering wheel.

It didnt do it when i first brought the car, but did notice it appear when the new wheels and suspension was put in, im about to put it in for its 15000km service. But just wondering if any of you guys have had the same problem or know what might be causing this.

Cheers.

Erm, I think No problems so far apart from Rattles and stuff...

The only problem around the steer wheel is the signal stick - sometimes feel like it's stuck somehow. Need to put more force on it.

Edited by VF-X

I'm not sure of what vibration you are talking about exactly. I do get this vibration when stopped... but it only happens occasionally, and is very minor. It's kind of similar to when an engine mount goes bust. It doesn't happen much, but when it does you can usually feel it through the brake pedal and seat.

I remember skipping over something about the engine mount in the service manual, so I looked it up after the first time I noticed the vibration and I figured that because my issue was only occasional and very minor, it probably would just be the engine mount being 'out of sync'.

mountfy0.jpg

So what I gather is that the mount vibrates at an exact opposite to the way the engine vibrates. AS a result, vibration is reduced similar to the way noise cancelling headphones work. But for that to all happen, the vibration has to be pretty spot on. I'm guessing that it can't always be 100%

Anyways, that's all in relation to the vibration I'm getting. I'm not too sure about yours.

I'm not sure of what vibration you are talking about exactly. I do get this vibration when stopped... but it only happens occasionally, and is very minor. It's kind of similar to when an engine mount goes bust. It doesn't happen much, but when it does you can usually feel it through the brake pedal and seat.

I remember skipping over something about the engine mount in the service manual, so I looked it up after the first time I noticed the vibration and I figured that because my issue was only occasional and very minor, it probably would just be the engine mount being 'out of sync'.

mountfy0.jpg

So what I gather is that the mount vibrates at an exact opposite to the way the engine vibrates. AS a result, vibration is reduced similar to the way noise cancelling headphones work. But for that to all happen, the vibration has to be pretty spot on. I'm guessing that it can't always be 100%

Anyways, that's all in relation to the vibration I'm getting. I'm not too sure about yours.

Mate that sounds like it, mine is vibrating through the peddal as well, it feels like when the old cars need a tune and they are vibrating out of wack. But it vibrating at a constant pace, when idiling (so its tuned alright), as soon as i take my foot off the break peddel, its fine and goes away.

Thanks for the info, ill print it out and hand it to the toyota mech.