2009 rav4 v6

Bruster

Hi everyone,

is there anyone here who works in Toyota?

would they be able to tell me if the new 09 rav4 coming in September still has the chunky spare wheel at the back?

and if there is any major changes eg. trip computer, air bags etc

im keen to buy one but dont know if there will be much difference between the old and new.

cheers

Bru

I did a quick search on the net and came across this hope it helps

Toyota’s popular compact SUV is scheduled for a facelift and our Toyota insider has given us a sneak peak of what we should expect from the new model.

New updated models of the new RAV4 are currently being built with the Australian release expected in late September.

Changes are aplenty. As per current model RAV4s an airbag package including front side and curtain airbags is available as an option on 4-cylinder CV grade, and is standard on all other models.

The new additions mean the option pack now includes driver’s knee airbag and front dual zone climate control air conditioning.

toyota has dropped the moonroof as an option on 4-cylinder Cruiser grade, but it’s now standard on Cruiser L, SX6, and ZR6 variants. Three new exterior colours are also available. Graphite, Liquid Bronze (new to the Toyota range) and Sandstone. The three will replace Storm Grey, Dune and Mist Green.

For the facelift Toyota has updated pretty much everything, although from the photos above, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what has changed. Our source says there has been revisions to the front bumper, headlamps, exterior mirrors, rear bumper, radiator grille, front fog lamps, rear combination lamps as well a range of new alloy wheels.

The headlamps now make use of LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) as the light source for each of the tail and stop lamps, meanwhile side turn signal lamps have been fitted to the exterior mirrors (moved from the front fenders)

The overall length of the car has increased slightly to 4625mm while kerb weight has also gone up slightly. The interior also receives a new dark silver brushed metallic finish.

A new scuff plate for the upper side of the rear bumper has also been added to prevent scratches.

New wheels for the updated RAV4.

Safety has also been improved with VSC (vehicle stability control), Toyota’s version of ESC, now standard across the entire RAV4 range. Another standard feature is Hill-start assist control. Downhill assist control is also available on all automatic four-cylinder and all V6 models.

Power from the 2.4-litre four-cylinder 2AZ-FE engine now rates at 125kW and 224Nm of torque. The V6 manages 201 killer-wasps and 333Nm of torque.

Official information from Toyota Australia is expected within the next few weeks.http://www.caradvice.com.au/15954/2009-toyota-rav4-sneak-preview/ also includes pics

I did a quick search on the net and came across this hope it helps

Toyota’s popular compact SUV is scheduled for a facelift and our Toyota insider has given us a sneak peak of what we should expect from the new model.

New updated models of the new RAV4 are currently being built with the Australian release expected in late September.

Changes are aplenty. As per current model RAV4s an airbag package including front side and curtain airbags is available as an option on 4-cylinder CV grade, and is standard on all other models.

The new additions mean the option pack now includes driver’s knee airbag and front dual zone climate control air conditioning.

toyota has dropped the moonroof as an option on 4-cylinder Cruiser grade, but it’s now standard on Cruiser L, SX6, and ZR6 variants. Three new exterior colours are also available. Graphite, Liquid Bronze (new to the Toyota range) and Sandstone. The three will replace Storm Grey, Dune and Mist Green.

For the facelift Toyota has updated pretty much everything, although from the photos above, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what has changed. Our source says there has been revisions to the front bumper, headlamps, exterior mirrors, rear bumper, radiator grille, front fog lamps, rear combination lamps as well a range of new alloy wheels.

The headlamps now make use of LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) as the light source for each of the tail and stop lamps, meanwhile side turn signal lamps have been fitted to the exterior mirrors (moved from the front fenders)

The overall length of the car has increased slightly to 4625mm while kerb weight has also gone up slightly. The interior also receives a new dark silver brushed metallic finish.

A new scuff plate for the upper side of the rear bumper has also been added to prevent scratches.

New wheels for the updated RAV4.

Safety has also been improved with VSC (vehicle stability control), Toyota’s version of ESC, now standard across the entire RAV4 range. Another standard feature is Hill-start assist control. Downhill assist control is also available on all automatic four-cylinder and all V6 models.

Power from the 2.4-litre four-cylinder 2AZ-FE engine now rates at 125kW and 224Nm of torque. The V6 manages 201 killer-wasps and 333Nm of torque.

Official information from Toyota Australia is expected within the next few weeks.http://www.caradvice.com.au/15954/2009-toyota-rav4-sneak-preview/ also includes pics

thanks, i had a look at the article.. looks good but hard to see what changed.

guess i wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

hi again,

well i could not wait after test driving the Rav4 v6 i fell in love with and bought one this weekend.

will be ready at the end of the week.

didnt buy new but a demo with 5000 kms and silver in colour...

cheers

Edited by Bruster

Is the rav4 V6 as quick as the books say??? Its tempting!!

its pretty darn quick, gave a quick test off the lights and flew.

its almost the same weight as the aurion..

the only thing im worried now if if petrol prices sky rocket... hopefully it will go down rather than up.

having said that from the reviews and the forum here it seems the v6 is just as economical as the 4 cylinder RAV4...not much difference.

in fact one review in carpoint claimed v6 model to be more efficient than the 4 Cylinder Rav4.

i guess i will find out in the coming weeks.

Is the rav4 V6 as quick as the books say??? Its tempting!!

its pretty darn quick, gave a quick test off the lights and flew.

its almost the same weight as the aurion..

the only thing im worried now if if petrol prices sky rocket... hopefully it will go down rather than up.

having said that from the reviews and the forum here it seems the v6 is just as economical as the 4 cylinder RAV4...not much difference.

in fact one review in carpoint claimed v6 model to be more efficient than the 4 Cylinder Rav4.

i guess i will find out in the coming weeks.

RAV4 V6 is seriously quick - takes off like a rocket at the lights (its great to blast away other performance vehicles - they just dont expect it when they see a RAV4 alongside of them) - a bit of fun for an old bloke. Only problem is: flooring it or driving it hard empties the tank rather quick - however driving it like my wife does, a tank of gas lasts for some time. But really why would you purchase a RAV4 V6 to drive it without the revs, you may as well purchase the 4 cylinder version - its a lot cheaper.

hi again,

well i could not wait after test driving the Rav4 v6 i fell in love with and bought one this weekend.

cheers

Hi Bruster, how much did you pay for your demo?

We got a great deal on our SX6 with heaps of stuff thrown in. Ours came in Storm Grey which is a great colour.

Have gone through a tank and a half of fuel but forgot to set the trip meter to get true fuel usage so will see next time.

Yeah i did read about the upgrades on the '09 before i bought but they really didnt make me want to wait for it to come out. Plus i used it as leverage for a better price. Still my Rav is an 8/08 so as new as an 'old' car can get.

Heres a pic i took when we went jet skiing last weekend.

Emily139.jpg

Emily144.jpg

Post any pics or info u have. Love to learn/share about my new car.

CrankN

Edited by CrankN

hi again,

cheers

Hi Bruster, how much did you pay for your demo?

We got a great deal on our SX6 with heaps of stuff thrown in. Ours came in Storm Grey which is a great colour.

Have gone through a tank and a half of fuel but forgot to set the trip meter to get true fuel usage so will see next time.

Yeah i did read about the upgrades on the '09 before i bought but they really didnt make me want to wait for it to come out. Plus i used it as leverage for a better price. Still my Rav is an 8/08 so as new as an 'old' car can get.

Heres a pic i took when we went jet skiing last weekend.

Emily139.jpg

Emily144.jpg

Post any pics or info u have. Love to learn/share about my new car.

CrankN

Hi CrankN,

i got my RAV for 42990 driveway its the ZR6 model with reverse sensors, but now im wondering wether or not rear camera would be better.

I was suppose to pick it up this friday but reverse sensors apparently are not in yet to be installed so have to wait until Wednesday.

Mine is Silver in colour but did not get any nudge bar or side steps...which i may install later

Will have photos soon, great colour by the way..its the colour i was looking for but coulnt find it in a ZR6 model.

Bruster

• 3 weeks later...
Holy fricken doley! How did you get them done to $43k for a ZR6? Retail is $50K

And i thought i got a good deal :huh:

CrankN.

Hi CrankN,

sorry slight delay in getting the pictures but here they are, not best pics.

post-368-1223353040_thumb.jpg

post-368-1223353060_thumb.jpg

post-368-1223353090_thumb.jpg

post-368-1223353102_thumb.jpg