Angel Eyes

VF-X

Hmm.. How do I differentiate between those 2 just by looking at it?

A common LED design angel halo will look a bit like this:

led_car_Angel_eye.jpg

This is the type I'd recommend due to the extra brightness you can get out of them. And they look really great. Seen a Supra here in person like that and it was hot.

And for the lifespan, is it a fact or from personal experience?

Both. People will try to dispute it, but truth is, CCFL will always have a more limited life than LED's. Just one of the few reasons why LCD's these days are going towards LED backlighting.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

checked out Autojoy's website but couldnt find n e aurions angel eyes...n e one found it?

They don't have it... But they said they can do Aurion. They need to find out whether the headlamp can be detachable 1st.. I've no idea what they meant with that. :s

i remember a corolla member paid autojoy $450 for installing angel eyes and painting the chrome black.

Really? Any Picss??

They don't have it... But they said they can do Aurion. They need to find out whether the headlamp can be detachable 1st.. I've no idea what they meant with that. :s

I'm guessing he'd either mean you can remove them from the car or you can separate the casing... both of which you can do with the Aurion headlights.

i remember a corolla member paid autojoy $450 for installing angel eyes and painting the chrome black.

Really? Any Picss??

Check out this thread:

Angel Eyes or Circle Eyes?

Says it would normally be $450 to do, but he managed to get the guy to do them for $350.

s1kr51.jpg

What does it mean when you said painting its chrome black? I looked at the picture, and hardly find anything..

Sorie, Im not familiar with rollas headlights.

Edited by VF-X

What does it mean when you said painting its chrome black? I looked at the picture, and hardly find anything..

Sorie, Im not familiar with rollas headlights.

i mean the chrome trim that surrounds the reflector and indicator lens (for the aurion it surrounds the projector lens etc). that was painted matte black. the photo above didn't get painted.

I'm guessing he'd either mean you can remove them from the car or you can separate the casing... both of which you can do with the Aurion headlights.

Really? Any Picss??

Check out this thread:

Angel Eyes or Circle Eyes?

Says it would normally be $450 to do, but he managed to get the guy to do them for $350.

s1kr51.jpg

am i correct in assuming that price does not include a replacement headlight unit? so you would have to send off your own unit to get done?

anyone ever priced up a replacement headlight from toyota before?

am i correct in assuming that price does not include a replacement headlight unit? so you would have to send off your own unit to get done?

anyone ever priced up a replacement headlight from toyota before?

Yes, if that includes the headlight replacement, it is cheap... Coz the replacement itself I'd say would be very expensive.

if anyone wants to see an aurion with angel eyes here is bris i know a guy with a black set in his trd if you want details

Pic Plzzzz.. I've seen the Thai ones, but would like to see on an Aurion..

Edited by VF-X

Bro UrbanX.. You truly are the poison king everywhere...

Im wondering which I should get.. the LED or CCFL is just fine.. =(

I'm keen as mustard to get angeleyes in my Aurion, I'm just not keen on cracking open my headlamps to fit them myself, nor having my car off the road for a couple of weeks while I ship the headlamps to Sydney to be fitted. I guess its gonna have to wait, short of finding somewhere in Tassie that's pro at cracking open headlights without stuffing anything up. :unsure:

Personally VF-X, I say go the LED's. The CCFLs look awesome, but personally I reckon the LEDs look even better, plus the extra life of the light is an advantage.

0715_detail-9-1.jpg

0715_detail-9-2.jpg

LEDs = well hot!

Just as a thought, too... I wonder can you get defected for these if they aren't factory standard?

I don't think you can get any defect with this mod. It'll be silly coz Audi has these and it doesn't affect any1 in terms of safety. I'm thinking the only way you can get defect with this mod is IF the LED colour is RED. :lol:

you will only be defected if the lights are not white (led white with a tinge of blue is fine), and if they are flashing etc. they are frowned upon but you will not be defected for them, cops have gone over mine a couple of times and had no issues over here in WA.