How much litres engine oil for our stivos

Hi guys, im planning to change engine oil and filter tomorow, i was just wondering how much litres oil shud use for our stivo vvtl-i.

Sorry for posting this up, i been research about the oil but i cant seem to find about how many litres to use.

Thanks peeps.

Tam ;)

Fuchs 10w-30 - took 4.99 litres, tiny bit left. I overfilled for safety.

whitestivo

The engine oil normally comes in 5 litres, i mite as well use all the oil, are you sure i shud use 4.99 litres?

I prefered factory recommended litres.

Toyota did it as part of major service.

Unless their putting less than 5litres in 5 litre bottles these days, id say they used 4.8, 4.9 ish, seriously nothing left in it. I think the manual said 4.2 or 4.3, so 400ml is nothing as some will go into your new filter as well.

Not like you are dumping 6 litres or something in there.

And I put more in for track performance as well.

Aside from quantity, I entrust that the best oil you can afford is going into your rolla?

whitestivo

Toyota did it as part of major service.

Unless their putting less than 5litres in 5 litre bottles these days, id say they used 4.8, 4.9 ish, seriously nothing left in it. I think the manual said 4.2 or 4.3, so 400ml is nothing as some will go into your new filter as well.

Not like you are dumping 6 litres or something in there.

And I put more in for track performance as well.

Aside from quantity, I entrust that the best oil you can afford is going into your rolla?

whitestivo

Planning to go toyota tomorrow, to purchuse the genuine oil 10 - 30 so it shud be good. i dont really thrash the car everyday or LIFT!. i lift like once a week. HAHA

Everyone has an opinion on oil.

I don't usually thrash it, in fact the plates on the car are my wifes (to indicate who's car it is). The track day is the first of my life, and I'm 30+

Toyota will sell you good oil. If you want to get better, and most people on this forum would, upgrade to something better unlikely cost you a cent more.

Do a search on oil, is a very popular topic.

The Fuchs 10W-30, i got it as the ppl on this forum rate it, and I rate them. My car didn't miss a beat on the track.

whitestivo

and what's this once a week lift?

i was once like you young jedi, no longer.

life on lift is life enjoyed.

Thanks for that whitestivo, i use to drive a GTR and lost my licence for a year. i recently got my licence back before i bought this stivo. Now i dont wanna speed no more.

u probaly think why did i buy a stivo for, i buy stivo cuz of the looks, plus it goes well only LIFT when i need it too.

Cheers mate.

and what's this once a week lift?

i was once like you young jedi, no longer.

life on lift is life enjoyed.

Thanks for that whitestivo, i use to drive a GTR and lost my licence for a year. i recently got my licence back before i bought this stivo. Now i dont wanna speed no more.

u probaly think why did i buy a stivo for, i buy stivo cuz of the looks, plus it goes well only LIFT when i need it too.

Cheers mate.

Good thinking :) drive safe! :P how fast were u going man? ><

pretty fast!! 150km

never do it again.

Hahahaha someone i know did 215kms now thats never again they assured me.

My seca has hit 170kms so far but i wasnt driving it lol

Guys hate to be the voice of reason... But you dont want to be talking about your amazing law breaking efforts here in the Forum.

Not only does it make you sound like a complete chump, but Police trawl these forums looking for Hoons too.

So I suggest you leave the bragging for MSN.

Andy.