Tyre Size Camry Sportivo Rims

Cruiser

Hi all :)

I have a had a search and couldnt find the info I need so I will ask.

I have a Camry Sportivo 16" Wheels on my car and the tyres on them are getting low on tread. So time for some new ones. The standard size is 205-60-16 and I was wondering if anyone has put the more common size 215-60-16 on their Camry without any dramas. My Camry is a 2004 by the way.

Thanks

I have a Camry Sportivo 16" Wheels on my car and the tyres on them are getting low on tread. So time for some new ones. The standard size is 205-60-16 and I was wondering if anyone has put the more common size 215-60-16 on their Camry without any dramas. My Camry is a 2004 by the way.

Thanks

Yep I had 215's on my 16" rims for a couple years before I changed to 17" rims. No probs at all. :D

it should be fine. there would only be like 3mm difference in circumfrence of the two tyres, which wont make a great amount difference to speedo or odometer readings.

as long as they meet the speed and weight ratings on the tyre placard, then you should be ok.

what tyres were you planning on getting?

• 5 months later...

Thanks

I just had to get some new front tyres for rego,

they were 205/65R15 size.

I looked up on various sites including CHOICE.

it seemed that for the money, and on a balance of wet & dry testing thru choice,

out of a possible 17 or so they tested, the Goodyear Ducaro GA were rated number 2.

Number one tyres tested were CONTINENTAL Conti Premium Contact 2,

but they retail somewhere around $170 each with out fitting & balance

so I ended up going with the 'Goodyear Ducaro GA's.

they are about $130 each fitted & balanced.

they were replacing the dunlops that the previous owner had put on,

They certainly made a big difference,

they grip & brake much better, are quieter & seem smooth to drive on.

I would have no hesitation recommending them, & I will certainly replace the rear ones with them as well.

Happy motoring,

TORQUE.