trd rear sway bar on stock facelift corolla

Hi everyone,

I own a 06 corolla ascent hatchback with stock shocks and 15inch steelies. I feel alot of bodyroll when cornering and wonder if the trd rear sway bar itself will significantly reduce this? I plan to put 17inch alloys later aswell, will that reduce bodyroll aswell?

Thanks in advance

Edited by chicken

Wheels wont make any difference to body roll. What you need are stiffer springs to control the roll. Make sure they are lower as with 17's the Corolla will look like a Hi-Lux.

The rear anti roll bar makes a slight difference to body roll and to the handling, but don't be expecting the car to suddenly corner flat.

Thanks guys. I'll get one asap.

When just taking corners at 30kph is pretty bad, hopefully the rear sway will reduce this at that speed?

Unfortunately, I'm not planning to lower my ride because of cost atm, its hard enough to save for wheels with legal tyres at 17inch lol. Might go 16 inch instead... Anyone have pics of zze122 corolla with 16 or 17inch wheels at stock height?

hey mate,

i got a rear trd sway on my stivo and it made it very stiff for me thats just me i loved it but in saying that i also have a front and rear trd strut so yerh maybe all 3 of them would help ya and some coils lol but one at a time ahaha

Edited by KaZe-

When just taking corners at 30kph is pretty bad, hopefully the rear sway will reduce this at that speed?

Unfortunately, I'm not planning to lower my ride because of cost atm, its hard enough to save for wheels with legal tyres at 17inch lol. Might go 16 inch instead... Anyone have pics of zze122 corolla with 16 or 17inch wheels at stock height?

Before it was dropped on 16"

dsc00649pw6.th.jpg

After i dropped it on superlows :D

dsc00978pm1.th.jpg

Edited by J e r e M y

Before it was dropped on 16"

dsc00649pw6.th.jpg

After i dropped it on superlows :D

dsc00978pm1.th.jpg

cheers jeremy

16inch is probably the most sensible option.