Selling suggestions

trdsaads

Hello all!

Lately as everyone know's, theres been alot of people signing up, and then selling stuff immediately. Certain (will remain unnamed) "members" keep trying to sell import cars for a low price for example.

I was thinking, is there a way to say, block the ability to sell untill you reach the magical "30 Posts and a member of 3 months" entry fee! Then, when you do meet the criteria it automatically lifts the block, and your free to sell as much as you want.

Ive done a search, but I couldnt find to much like this, but if it has been raised just let me know, and I apologise for raising an old topic.

Its just a suggestion to try and clean things up around here. The forum is constantly bombarded with all these new members signing and selling without reading the disclamers first. Then get angry because the moderators close their thread!

Regards

Jayme

Can't remember if there was a reason as to why there is no block, might have been due to Steve not liking add on programs. I'm sure there was a good reason. However as some of the spammers do, they don't even post in the 'For Sale' section so a limitation only in that section won't reduce the spamming by much. I haven't signed up for a long time so can't say whether or not there is a copy of the buy and sell rules there. If there is and there thread gets deleted, well they did agree by those conditions when they signed up ;)

A lot of junk lately for sure. I reckon a feature like that would be excellent.

Does anyone know if other forums have a feature like this?

I know evolutionoz requires members to make an introduction post before the admin/mod then turns their account on for full posting access.

On Toymods a mod checks to make sure whoever it setting up the account is legit. So requires a real address and etc.

it's actually occuring across a number of forums... I think it can be setup as well that only a legit email address works. Not free gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc etc

I used hotmail. I don't like using my work email for signing up to stuff so I can keep it clean.

(PS. whats with the new surprised smiley? :o )

aaaahhhh... SUPRISED! i get it... i shoudl really get my mind out of the gutter!!! hahaha

:P

I used hotmail. I don't like using my work email for signing up to stuff so I can keep it clean.

(PS. whats with the new surprised smiley? :o )

aaaahhhh... SUPRISED! i get it... i shoudl really get my mind out of the gutter!!! hahaha

:P

ROFLMAO!!

thanks Bondee... you just made my day thus far.

A lot of junk lately for sure. I reckon a feature like that would be excellent.

Does anyone know if other forums have a feature like this?

vogue fashion forums dont even show noobie posts until the mods check what they've posted and if its cleared then they finally become a member

but dont do that here, thats just annoying