Car insurance suggestion please

Hi all.

I am getting a Kluger Grande next week. :yahoo:

It is time to look for a suitable car insurance.

Both wife and I have lifetime rating 1 with RACQ. They are quoting me $636 (with finance). They are generally very reputable in QLD. However they don't have any windscreen protection until later this month. Too late for me.

Got a quote from Toyota dealer on Toyota insurance. It is about $850-$900

Western QBE quoting me $811 and they have 4 years new for old and windscreen protection. Don't know how good they are.

Suncorp is generally much more expensive.

Would probably not consider AAMI as I heard a lot of bad thing about them.

Is there any other reputable insurance company I should approach?

Thanks.

swann insurance is a very good one to consider. they're only small compared to a lot of other companies, but have excellent service because of that, so they won't screw you over with claims.

however, all companies have their ups and downs. everyone has different experiences with every company, so its just taking a gamble with whichever one offers you the best premium and covers.

if you really want to go with racq, take out a policy with another company and then cancel it within the cooling off period. youll get a full refund from them, so then put that onto the racq policy with all the features you want. therefore, you'll be covered the whole time.

Hi all.

I am getting a Kluger Grande next week. :yahoo:

It is time to look for a suitable car insurance.

Both wife and I have lifetime rating 1 with RACQ. They are quoting me $636 (with finance). They are generally very reputable in QLD. However they don't have any windscreen protection until later this month. Too late for me.

Got a quote from Toyota dealer on Toyota insurance. It is about $850-$900

Western QBE quoting me $811 and they have 4 years new for old and windscreen protection. Don't know how good they are.

Suncorp is generally much more expensive.

Would probably not consider AAMI as I heard a lot of bad thing about them.

Is there any other reputable insurance company I should approach?

Thanks.

Not sure how it works in QLD but assuming its the same, you can sign for a full year of policy but not nessesary bound by it. Which means u can cancel/change your policy half way through that year.

So get an insurance that suits ur needs now and when RACQ covers you for windshield, switch over. They will refund the balance if you paid in full from the previous provider.

However, best to double and triple check with them as you are signing a legal doco. Don't wanna wait till ***** hit the fan.

i would def stay away from AAMI...unless ur prepared to fight...we had a lil incident were the other party was clearly at fault....took us nearly 3 months and the conclusion was that there was not enuf info to rule either one of us at fault...funny coz when you look at the damages its quite clear who was at fault...newho they waived the excess and fixed the car...but mind you my mum doesnt give up easily....i reckon if i was driving and it wasnt my fault...i would have been slapped with a hefty excess...i hear that NRMA are loyal to their customers..like say if the other party is at fault (and is with a different insurance company) NRMA will try to ping the blame on the other insurance companies customer...well thats what i have heard...but NRMA is more expensive than AAMI...shop around..good luk with finding one!

wishbone, is your mum 3rd party or full com? my misses had an accident and shes insured with AAMI 3rd party, and they are slack ****s, they pretty much dont give a crap about 3rd parties, and it took about 3 months to hear from them again.

i would def stay away from AAMI...

I guess everyone has different stories to tell. My family has been with AAMI for yonks and have never had a problem with them. I recently got into a bit of a bingle (not my fault), and within 24 hours of it happening, my car was being assessed and within 36 hours, it was at the panel shop. All I did was lodge a claim over the phone, rock up to their assessment centre for 5-10 minutes, and they took care of the rest.

I guess everyone has different stories to tell. My family has been with AAMI for yonks and have never had a problem with them. I recently got into a bit of a bingle (not my fault), and within 24 hours of it happening, my car was being assessed and within 36 hours, it was at the panel shop. All I did was lodge a claim over the phone, rock up to their assessment centre for 5-10 minutes, and they took care of the rest.

'sup Daryl? :P I've never seen you around here before, but I recognised the car in your avatar immediately.

My only real experience was with NRMA and they were excellent - everything got sorted out quickly and the car was getting repaired within a few days (the only waiting was on the panelbeater). My girlfriend is with Suncorp and they took months to sort out her writing her car off.

Yeah ive always had good stuff from AAMI.

Just rang them before to get a quote as recently turned 25 so will go back to them from just cars as no age exces etc.

AAMI - 2005 upgrade sportivo - agreed value $24,500, rating one for life, standard $500 excess and all mods included, from sway bars to headers etc - Premium would be 1k or so

Give Budget Direct a call.

I got my Rolla for under $400 full comp, which I thought was very reasonable.

I went to their web page and got a quote. Pretty cheap comparatively. However, how reputable they are?

working for an insurance company myself, ive come to understand pretty well how premiums work.

to give you a rough idea, picture a large pool of money that belongs to an insurance company. all their customers premiums go into that pool, and when the insurance company pays a claim the money is taken out of that pool. if an insurance company has high premiums, that usually means they are pretty good with claims as they pay them. so they will require money charged through premiums to compensate for their financial loss in paying a claim. thus, a higher premium generally (but not always!) means they pay claims well.

vice versa, if a premium is pretty cheap, you're going to have a bloody bitch of a time getting your claim paid. also, you will note that in the pds of a lot of lower premium insurance companies, they have many more exclusions under each clause of what they will and will not cover.

but obviously, the premiums are based on your own circumstances and vehicle condition. a company that may be cheap for one person will be expensive for another. there's no one good insurance company. but yes, aami are slack ****s.

hope that helps :)

Edited by lateralus

i would def stay away from AAMI...unless ur prepared to fight...we had a lil incident were the other party was clearly at fault....took us nearly 3 months and the conclusion was that there was not enuf info to rule either one of us at fault...funny coz when you look at the damages its quite clear who was at fault...newho they waived the excess and fixed the car...but mind you my mum doesnt give up easily....i reckon if i was driving and it wasnt my fault...i would have been slapped with a hefty excess...i hear that NRMA are loyal to their customers..like say if the other party is at fault (and is with a different insurance company) NRMA will try to ping the blame on the other insurance companies customer...well thats what i have heard...but NRMA is more expensive than AAMI...shop around..good luk with finding one!

:( i feel ya, its been 6months and my car still isnt fixed and the funny thing is the other fk rear ended me so obviously its his fault

oh but i dont have insurance LOLOL the other guy does so we courting it out :)

wishbone, is your mum 3rd party or full com? my misses had an accident and shes insured with AAMI 3rd party, and they are slack ****s, they pretty much dont give a crap about 3rd parties, and it took about 3 months to hear from them again.

hey bud...nah shes got full comp insurance..we initially had 3rd party, but we opt to switched to full comphrensive since i started driving :P...yeah i dont thing they give a rats ***** about ne of their customers....i just hope they go broke durin all this financial crisis...

must be jst NSW...prob got top blokes runnin the aami up in brissy..

:( i feel ya, its been 6months and my car still isnt fixed and the funny thing is the other fk rear ended me so obviously its his fault

oh but i dont have insurance LOLOL the other guy does so we courting it out :)

ouch....how bad is the damage on urs? hes clearly at fault, if some1 rear ends you, its def their fault...i jst cant see how he can put the blame on u?? and wat r u doing driving without insurance??you know if crashed into a ferrari or maserati..u would be totally fukd! my parents would flip if they knew i was rolling around without insurance!

• 2 weeks later...