im thinking off cutting off foxtel

JJCRU23R

in order to cut spending, we are considering cutting off the foxtel from our house, but instead of sticking to free to air or digital tv channels (which we do have btw - not the HD but its still digital), my wife and i have been looking for any decent alternatives to foxtel.

i recieved a pamphlet in the mail about a sattilite dish with a set top box that connects to the computer and offers upto 3000 channels. this sounds too good 2 be true, sounds like it could possibly several channels repeated a couple times over or other channels possibly not working at all, but yea this deal looks kinda screwy coz its you end up having to watch the tv through your pc.

3000 channels without a monthly fee sounds good, but yea sounds dodge...

besides select tv and the other stuff ive already listed, what else is there?

any help/advice/reviews on other paytv formats would be appreciated.

jase

in order to cut spending, we are considering cutting off the foxtel from our house, but instead of sticking to free to air or digital tv channels (which we do have btw - not the HD but its still digital), my wife and i have been looking for any decent alternatives to foxtel.

i recieved a pamphlet in the mail about a sattilite dish with a set top box that connects to the computer and offers upto 3000 channels. this sounds too good 2 be true, sounds like it could possibly several channels repeated a couple times over or other channels possibly not working at all, but yea this deal looks kinda screwy coz its you end up having to watch the tv through your pc.

3000 channels without a monthly fee sounds good, but yea sounds dodge...

besides select tv and the other stuff ive already listed, what else is there?

any help/advice/reviews on other paytv formats would be appreciated.

jase

ive got that, its asian tv isnt it ? lols

like i got korean channels, hongkong, chinese, currys, filo and others lols but u wont watch it everyday like trust me

its just normal free tv - but oversea's channels LOL thats why it doesnt cost every month

but yeah the satelite dish is huge LMFAO like in my backyard somewhere

sometimes the chanels fck up cos of storms n what not but yeah just call whoever done it for u and usually they fix it for free :)

other than that, not worth getting unless ur chinese lols cos only the chinese chanels rock

ps. theres chanel v & mtv but its asian oh sometimes they have american stuff LOL like billboard countdowns and yeah

pps. cut off foxtel lols ur kids will be watching it day and night esp. when they grow up which is bad because they must STUDY STUDY STUDY :)

asian parents ftw

ppps. did you apply for my school ? lols i was in my teachers office today and he had a stack of resumes to go through hahas maybe i should put in a good word aye ?

Edited by mrs.sportivo

im kinda enjoying the school that i am currently working right now.

i was offered another contract for term 4 and there may be a chance of them keeping me on for next year..

im like 10 mins drive away from where i work. although admittedly i would probebly be paid MUCH more for working at your school, being able to get home quick smart without using great western, m7, m2 or m4 or any other major roadways and hardly any traffic to or from work is a massive positive. my time is spent better without having to deal with traffic jams.

anyhoo.. considering the description of the stack of resumes your teacher has to look through, im sure id be at the bottom of that list when it comes to qualifications since im just starting out.

thanks ashy, but no thanks.

too bad ay, you could have picked me up so you can park in the staff car park ey? lol! but yea considering im like 1 hour out of the way from you and your school, that would not make sense... plus i dont think your school has a car park does it? only street parking yea? lol

anyways, yea.

back to the topic at hand - select tv... yea theres filo channels on that, for the filipinos out there, there is also TFC (the filipino channel) which my parents have. Same sized dish as the foxtel satillite which isnt huge, but then again, that costs roughly 30-40? and only 4 channels (+2 filo radio channels) so its not really value for my money since i do understand some of the language, but dont fully speak it.

Edited by J_J

hahas fair enough LOL but you knoww theres only 10 kids who do art LOL which means u wont have class everyday or even have a 9-4 job lols since u finish early u leave early HAHA but whatever :) lol yes we dont have staff parking since u know cabra train station is 1min walk away and ill be gone in 2 weeks anyways LOL oh did i mention WE HAVE AIRCON OH YER ! lmfao thats all that matters :)

asian satelite dish is crap :)

Internet + DVD burner = ****s over Foxtel - Cost = Internet which you already have

Internet + Media PC connected to tv = Foxtel without fees (Tv Guide, record 2 channels at once etc etc) - Cost = Internet + Cost of PC

I dont understand why people pay $90 a month to watch what they are given to watch, when they could spend nothing and illegally download what THEY want to watch.

Internet + DVD burner = ****s over Foxtel - Cost = Internet which you already have

Internet + Media PC connected to tv = Foxtel without fees (Tv Guide, record 2 channels at once etc etc) - Cost = Internet + Cost of PC

I dont understand why people pay $90 a month to watch what they are given to watch, when they could spend nothing and illegally download what THEY want to watch.

3 words..

PEOPLE ARE LAZY...

Yeah, the programs and price of FOXTEL are wearing me down too. But when i think of the alternatives i just end up sticking with FOXTEL. I've got the FOXTEL Platinum with the IQ box.

No way is the IQ2 worth the upgrade (for $200) the pay ($15p/month) for 5 HD channels. What a joke.

if only you could filter out the channels you never watch so that you only pay for the channels you want! foxtel like to act as though you have "choice" by choosing the different packages, but thats simply not good enough. for example: the kids only like watching nick jr and pretty much ignore every other channel in the kids package. so we are paying 16 a month for basically one channel. waste of money!

right now we are considering select tv, but the discovery channels are an optional extra. sucks!

plus if we were to get the filipino channel together with the select tv package (you can get spanish or other language packages too with select), then the monthly fee would be about the same price as what we pay for with foxtel.

anyway...

back to work.

jase