anyone notice these floating round ebay?

i typed up "1zz corolla" during a search on ebay and came up with this:

custom turbo charger kit

$999US.

anyone with a bit of turbo experience able to confirm whether or not this is all you need to add a turbo to the 1zz??

my guess is it needs some work to fit the aussie 1zz since the US config would be slightly different. (since the steering wheel is on the opposite side, i guess things inside the engine bay would be different too.

if you havent seen this yet and was interested in this, then hey there you go. id probebly wait until exchange rate was in better shape b4 i went and bought 1 though.

Edited by J_J

custom turbo charger kit

$999US.

anyone with a bit of turbo experience able to confirm whether or not this is all you need to add a turbo to the 1zz??

my guess is it needs some work to fit the aussie 1zz since the US config would be slightly different. (since the steering wheel is on the opposite side, i guess things inside the engine bay would be different too.

if you havent seen this yet and was interested in this, then hey there you go. id probebly wait until exchange rate was in better shape b4 i went and bought 1 though.

LOL ..... these kits are hilarious ....... i wonder how many ppl they actually con into buying these things ....... nah mate wont be functional at all

custom turbo charger kit

$999US.

That would probably be about 90% of what you'd need to complete the job. It looks as though you'd still need a dump pipe and exhaust made and air filter and intake piping. Plus with boost you'd probably want to upgrade the fuel and ignition system to stop your pistons from melting. And i'm not too sure how a standard 1ZZ bottom end would cope with the extra stress. But there's no reason it wouldn't work on low boost pressures only. Around 6 - 8 pounds I spose

Personally I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. It looks like just another cheap china kit to me

Edited by jaybee

cut a hole in your bonnet, stick the turbo up through it, don't bother connecting it, and hell that would be a top looking 1zz.

whitestivo

Ha Ha. And don't forget to cut the **** out of your bumper when you fit the cooler. Whether you connect it up or not

hmmm might work on U.S model not sure bout oz... but for $999 i wouldnt trust it looks like its got made in china writen all over it. but for any one who wouldnt mind taking one for the team buy one and let us all know if it doesnt work just stick it on your lawnmower...... done