Park gear acceleration

When in park, the transmission is in neutral. Revving the engine at that point isn't damaging. Extra wear may occur if you have a cold engine or if you keep it revved high for a long time (such as near/on redline). For the former, that would be something that would occur over time (ie. constantly doing it), but with newer engines, lightly revving it (and driving lightly) with a cold engine is still okay. For the latter, it's not quite as healthy and I think that may be to do with the fact that the engine is unloaded. Either way, in your case, I wouldn't worry about it.

When in park, the transmission is in neutral. Revving the engine at that point isn't damaging. Extra wear may occur if you have a cold engine or if you keep it revved high for a long time (such as near/on redline). For the former, that would be something that would occur over time (ie. constantly doing it), but with newer engines, lightly revving it (and driving lightly) with a cold engine is still okay. For the latter, it's not quite as healthy and I think that may be to do with the fact that the engine is unloaded. Either way, in your case, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks. Thats informative. It was just a light rev for a split sec touch.

Absolutely no damage to your engine at all (listen to Daryl).

Unless you bounce off the limiter for a little while (Top Gear Australia anybody?), you've done no damage at all. Even if you do bounce off the limiter occasionally, it normally takes a while to do real damage, which tends to be bending a rod or two.

Edited by the_random_hero

Absolutely no damage to your engine at all (listen to Daryl). Unless you bounce off the limiter for a little while (Top Gear Australia anybody?), you've done no damage at all, even then it normally takes a while to do real damage, which is normally just bending a rod or two.

Yea nothing serious though :wacko:

Absolutely no damage to your engine at all (listen to Daryl). Unless you bounce off the limiter for a little while (Top Gear Australia anybody?), you've done no damage at all, even then it normally takes a while to do real damage, which is normally just bending a rod or two.

Yea nothing serious though :wacko:

Sorry, that sentence was worded pretty poorly. I've changed it so it makes more sense.