Best prices of the mods

TRD are not supported by Toytoa in Australia and have no warranty in AUS. There is no official supplier in Australia only importers. The only official supplier in AUS/NZ is in New Zealand. RUNX and Sportivo are the same car only cosmetic differences. What fits the RUNX also fits the Sportivo.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TRD Rep at Castle Hill Toyota said they were 'TRD Distributors'.

Lots of things available for the Stivo...i was browsing the TRD catalogue. Pity it's in Jap. Although..the rep had a pretty good idea how to 'interperate' the blah blah.

I'm just going by what i've been told... :huh:

i just rang magicmayhem...he doesn't have a quick shifter or strut braces.

which person are you talking about?

Sorry was Magic 32 got confused by the name in relation to distibutors look at TRD's site the NZ is the only one listed for this region ask Penrith Toytoa and they will tell you they are not distributers and there is none is Australia. They are trying to get the distributers rights in Aus as of the last time I spoke to them at Xmas. They get most of their stuff from NZ also ask Castle Hill where they source their parts. They may get some direct but also through NZ. I have done a huge amount of home work in relation to this to find some one who buys direct from TRD in Aus to try and get the prices down and more realistic.

Martin you are full of **** sometimes don't call me a liar. Also the shaft on the TRD unit and the Original is exactly the same. I own one and have installed it and put them side by side before I put it in the car. The short shifter reduces the throw by 25 %.

hahah, liar! :P

btw if u got no cash and want a short shifter, just cut ur gear stick 5-10cms shorter with a angle grinder. hehehehe. i kno someone who done this.

Hehehe My Bro did that in his mini, chopped it to about 3 inches, was hard as hell to reach it and a bitch to change gear LOL

peekay34, i was just fu(king around, so take it easy. <_<

cutting it dose make it more dificult to change gears(becasue its the stick is lower) but if the stick is shorted u have to move it a shorter distance, even tho the angle is tha same. ive seen it done and it did work. so if u dont wanna bleieve me then i dont giv e a******!

Thankyou for your valuable input there illuminati yet another A grade response packed with academic charm... Chopping the stick is Chopping the stick.. :o It only provides a perceptual change in shifter travel, but also increases the effort to move the the mechanism.. The only way to change the shift throw is to modify the pivot mechanism which actuates the cable system.. That is what the TRD shifter does and thats what you pay for... I dunno dude, I sorta got this thing about attacking my new car with an angle grinder :blink: ...

listen guys, i agree it is a stupid thing to do, and there is no way i would do it to my new car.

i was just stating comically that it can be done.

i do kno it is totally diff to the proper short shifter and is an inadequate replacement for the real thing.

Yeah it is I, the one and only with the "official" TRD Strut Brace. It cost me 23,100 yen ($280AU). Will post pic soon. To be honest it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me :unsure:

The quickshifter like Peekay stated is a complete new housing and whatnot which replaces the original and really makes a difference in the shortened throw. I paid 22,176 yen ($270AU)for that.

Eibach springs cost me $500 and another $180 for labour/wheel alignment.

Chuck in some TRD caps and that's my list ;)

more to come...................................soon...........................I hope......??????

D.

I found the whiteline brace made a difference I am surprised you don't find the same magic. Anyway if it does'nt make a difference the Insurance Companys seem to think so. When I was listing mods to them they said it was a performance enhancer . Also they look good..not that you can look at it while you are driving.. :blink: If you look at my picture on my posts carefuly you can see it.

Anyone know where i can get my stock alloys painted? In sydney..

i wanna paint them white..instead of buying a whole new set of white alloys.

plus..i like 16". i reckon it's a good ratio between to big profile and too low profile.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Here is the quotation:

Front Grill: $160/each

Eye Lips: $120/set

Carbon Bonnet: $950

Fitting/painting quotation (Prices quoted base on pass experience and

subject to change for different cars models)

Front Grill: $160

Eye Lips: $100

Carbon Bonnet: $80 (fitting)

Regards

SRS Asia Pacific Pty Ltd

Room 606 L6 Pacific Trade Centre

368 Sussex Street Sydney NSW 2000 Australia

Tel: 02 9283 2062 Fax: 02 9283 3402

www.srsauto.com

dear all,

as some might know i'm in singapore at the moment and i've been trying to source parts for the 'rolla. unfortunately over here they've stopped selling our model corollas, they're selling the Altis model now. hence majority of the corolla original parts are out of stock, namely the eyelids. i've sourced out a few bodykit shops selling corolla parts, though it's not original toyota items. however they are cheaper. they are able to paint it as long as i can provide them the paint colour code. as far as i know, a pair of eyelids painted is less than $140/= all up.

anyone interested? i'll be going back to perth in 3 weeks and i'll need to place the order in a week's time.

I'm about to get myself a Corolla Sportivo and would like to add the front grill and rear skirt to the car. Is it cheaper to get them fitted by Toyota or by a third party? Will it void my warranty if I get them done outside of Toyota?

Toyota do not fit the parts (rear skirt/Grille) Egene at the factory. Dealers get them in and pass them off to the local panel beater/spray painter they use. If you have them fitted when you buy the car they are included in the warranty of the car. If you fit them after they only have the standard Toyota warranty which is 12 months. No will not affect the warranty or make any thing viod they are factory accessories unless you modify them out side of factory specs. If you do get them fitted by the dealer you may pay extra to get them done as they will apply a margin (profit) to the fitting and spraying. So maybe cheaper outside of the dealer, but warranty consideration is something you have to think about if is important to have 12 mths or 3 years.