Paseo Air Conditioning

Paseo91

• 1 month later...

I had it looked at and the guy said replace the TX valve and the pipes that connect to it (the ones that go through the firewall), because these usually leak on older Toyotas. I did just so, and while I was at it cleaned the evaporator. A new evaporator was priced at over $500 by the way so you'd be looking for a second hand one if you needed one of them. I also replaced all the O - rings provided to me by the air con mechanic. I took it all into him and he retro fitted it, pressure tested it and gassed it for about $280. The parts also cost me about $75 so in the end it was a very cheap recondition job. The Paseos are extremely easy to work I spent probably an hour all up removing and fitting parts, compared to say a Ford Falcon which would have taken about 8 hours.

I had it looked at and the guy said replace the TX valve and the pipes that connect to it (the ones that go through the firewall), because these usually leak on older Toyotas. I did just so, and while I was at it cleaned the evaporator. A new evaporator was priced at over $500 by the way so you'd be looking for a second hand one if you needed one of them. I also replaced all the O - rings provided to me by the air con mechanic. I took it all into him and he retro fitted it, pressure tested it and gassed it for about $280. The parts also cost me about $75 so in the end it was a very cheap recondition job. The Paseos are extremely easy to work I spent probably an hour all up removing and fitting parts, compared to say a Ford Falcon which would have taken about 8 hours.

Or a Sera :P Talk to Scuzzy about that, he'll tell you exactly how fun they are.