Cant Log In from my home PC

Hello to all,

I have upgraded my PC at home an it is now running Vista every time I try to log in the Process starts OK then the page does not refresh to the being logged in one.

I am running IE7

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks PC XT

Useless unless you can elaborate a bit more. What are you logging into? Windows I assume? What 'process'? You try and use Internet Explorer and it hangs?

I'm lost.

I assume you also have SP1. Regardless though, Vista is renowned for its finicky Admin profile.

Useless unless you can elaborate a bit more. What are you logging into? Windows I assume? What 'process'? You try and use Internet Explorer and it hangs?

I'm lost.

I assume you also have SP1. Regardless though, Vista is renowned for its finicky Admin profile.

/quote]

This site (TOCA)! :blink: Work PC with XP IS OK Home with Vista is no go as I said it starts to log in then it the same refresh it doesn't, The page should say at the top Logged in as PC XT but it doesn't, also cant post or see any Pictures or Avata..etc..etc from Home PC. Yes I have SP1

Is any one else having a problem with this?

There have been update issues (well, one specifically for me which is corrupt upon downloading) that can affect IE7.

Firefox is a good alternative to IE. It was much better in the early days in terms of security, but now viruses are exposing Firefox just as much as IE these days due to the usage. My attitude towards viruses is fairly laid back though. All my important / private data is stored on an external drive. If I get viruses, I re-image the entire machine.

Are you sure you need help ?

You alias infers IBM "PC XT", with the 8088/8086 processor - I had one of these computers back in 1989 with a monochrome monitor, hercules card, and a whopping 30MB hard disk !?

You alias infers IBM "PC XT", with the 8088/8086 processor - I had one of these computers back in 1989 with a monochrome monitor, hercules card, and a whopping 30MB hard disk !?

LOL

LOL

Thanks guys no the new ones a bit better than most house hold PC's ...its a quad HP Work station! Which will be out of date..................................................... now!

How much did you pay for that Monochrome job I had a Osborne that cost over $5 back in 1989...ahh Technology Now 4Gb of ram is still not enough! When will it stop?

Edited by PC XT