Removing Scratches and Blemish Marks

namz

Guys,

Is there any article over here or any recommeded product which can be used to remove small scratches and blemish marks.

To be more precise my car is of sliver color and has small scratches all the over the body , not many though .

and its has a blemish mark with slightly disorted color on bonnet ?

I am a newbie and looking for some afforable option .

Happy to post pics if someone wants to see scratches or blemish mark.

Cheers.

Namz

To remove light scratches, swirls or blemishes you will need to use an abrasive polish. Best to start off with a light abrasive polish such as Prima Swirl, Menzerna 106ff or Megs Scratch X. If you are doing it by hand then you might have to repeat the process a few times to get the desired results.

If the paint defects do not seem to be reducing then you will need to step up to a heavier compound such as Prima Cut or Menzerna IP.

If you have to go heavy then make sure you follow it up with the lighter polish to remove any hazing or trails left by the compound.

Cheers :)

Dave

Wow...Scratch X has lot of fans . OK so other than Scratch X what else wud i need ? i read someone said something abt Clay ? Whats thats ? Would that be needed for removing scratches and blemish marks ??

Wow...Scratch X has lot of fans . OK so other than Scratch X what else wud i need ? i read someone said something abt Clay ? Whats thats ? Would that be needed for removing scratches and blemish marks ??

its good to clay before you scratch x as it removes the contaminant on your paintjob but again, for the not so fussy kinda of people.. it doesn't really matter that much :)

scratch x will make you a happy chap!

its good to clay before you scratch x as it removes the contaminant on your paintjob but again, for the not so fussy kinda of people.. it doesn't really matter that much :)

scratch x will make you a happy chap!

thanks bud..scratch X is really good..i was able to remove upto 80% of scratch marks althought few still remain..guessing that wud go by using a machine..anyways what abt stone chips ? how to remove without making them look ugly..