Gearbox Problem

Hey guys i have this gearbox problem at 8000rpm when changing from 1st to 2nd in other words riping 2nd it is not going in, it is like going into a brickwall, when the revs drop down to 7000rpms or so then it goes in, this happens in 2 and 3 gear only, but on low rev like 3000 to 4000rpm it just goes in easily, before i use to rip 2nd and 3rd easly on this car, but it just does not do it anymore, please help me out here boys, guys if you's no any speclist on gearbox for our cars please pm with the address and phone or a good place that understand our cars.....

thanks

RUSTEM

Sounds like your syncromesh is buggered. Or your clutch might need adjusting or replacing.

At excessively high RPM sometime the centrifugal force of the spinning clutch can also prevent it from engaging. This scenario seems highly unlikely in your case tho.

I'm no expert, so that's the best i can come up with. Good luck dude... :whistling:

hey rustem ..... got ur PM ...... sorry havent had a chance 2 reply till now

basically it seriously sounds like u need 2 get the clutch adjusted ..... go bak 2 toyota and tell them u need to get the clutch adjusted

from a g/box perspective sorry mate i dont personally know anyone specific whom i can refer u 2.

i had a business card somewhere of a dude down liverpool way that i was told was really good but i cant seem to find it ..... if i do ill let u knw

You shouldn't be shifting at 8,000rpm from 1st to 2nd anyway. 7,700 - 7,800 is a more effective shift point from 1st. You'll actually be going faster when you hit 2nd at that point because the torque curve kicks in perfectly.

Just practice more additionally. You'll soon figure out the little gate issue that 2nd has (you have to veer slightly to the left with the stick when selecting it).

PS: Do not 'rip' into it. Ease into it. Upgrading the clutch itself may improve this for you though.

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo