RESONATOR OFF / HOTDOG STYLE = CRAP

BONDIE

has anyone tried removing the resonator but kept the stock mufflers?

VF-X has. Apparently it isn't much of a difference. Care to eleaorate more VF-X?

Ah well...I went to this exhaust with a friend who's gonna do his but ended up didnt coz of somethin...

Short version, paid 100 bux to cut my resonator off [i know it's pricey, And I wont go back there] and the result wasn't that great either.. :( In fact...I could barely hear the differences...
:huh:

Sure thing..

Only minor difference with the change in sound quality.. And u can hear it clearly from sides, next to the driver's door. Not so much from the back.

For the sound description, it only gets a little deeper. Taking it off is a 5 minute job, but i paid $100.. Wat a r.i.p off...

Overall, yeah it's a noticeable change. But not so much compared with changin mufflers.

Soooo... basically... what your saying is... my plans for removing the cats, the mufflers and running 3 inch exhaust from the manifold might make it a little louder ?

Have to say though... this is one very quiet car. I drove into Melbourne today and the loudest thing i noticed was the wind noise. No road noise and no engine noise. Even when i give it a fist full of berries, i can still only hear it. Love the sound of it as it is. I have a Ducati to make lots and lots of noise for me :) *moans*

Probably didnt hear anything because im deaf from driving around in a diesel rodeo for 5 years :)

See i've been having this big debate with myself over the exhaust system of the Aurion aswell. After I had my setup for the Levin ZR done (which droned SO BAD under load!), i dont want that to repeat itself on the Aurion. I want something thats either going to be loud and proud when i want it to be, or just right when i want to keep it easy.

But, thats a difficult task as it is! hehe.

See i've been having this big debate with myself over the exhaust system of the Aurion aswell. After I had my setup for the Levin ZR done (which droned SO BAD under load!), i dont want that to repeat itself on the Aurion. I want something thats either going to be loud and proud when i want it to be, or just right when i want to keep it easy.

But, thats a difficult task as it is! hehe.

Varex mate. Best of both worlds.

Soooo... basically... what your saying is... my plans for removing the cats, the mufflers and running 3 inch exhaust from the manifold might make it a little louder ?

Have to say though... this is one very quiet car. I drove into Melbourne today and the loudest thing i noticed was the wind noise. No road noise and no engine noise. Even when i give it a fist full of berries, i can still only hear it. Love the sound of it as it is. I have a Ducati to make lots and lots of noise for me :) *moans*

Probably didnt hear anything because im deaf from driving around in a diesel rodeo for 5 years :)

Exactly why we should change the mufflers to give a sexier and louder moan.. :D