Head Unit in my Camry 1995

Danny01

Hi Guys

My camry has a figitsu10 in it which its veryly large like twice the size of a standard head deck, i haven't work on sound systems as much in the toyota's and this one seems to be a tad more complicated then most units in cars, i believe the best thing to do would be to rip out the head deck cut the wires and re-wire it all up to a new head deck but just wondering if it's as easy as that on this toyota's is it different wiring at all?

Thanks.

when it comes to sound systems, i usually know jack ****.

but i have read the accounts of a few people on here who have said that with the wiring harness, you can buy special aftermarket connectors specifically for toyota's, that go from the oem connectors to those of an aftermarket headunit. as apparently the connectors are different

yep i have only just done this recently on my 1997 camry you have to buy two harnesses:

1) which has an adaption to the car and out to a universal fitting

2) with the universal fitting to the aftermarket head unit.

(Although sometimes on one of the harnesses the power constant and ignition power cable are switched, i got told, but didnt happen to me)

Each cost about 20$ from repco or supercheap auto, a lot easier than cutting and re-soldering which is what a mate had to do because he rushed into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying special connectors (2mm x 15mm) flat spade connectors and inserting them into the stock wiring loom. Found this out from the sound system installers at Wow Sight & Sound. No cables cut... only need to buy the clips (lookin a couple of bucks).

You'd only need to know constant power, accessories, speakers... that's it right? lol, haven't had to install these for a while now.