Track Day & Oil/Water Temp

e240

Anyone else going to the Circuit Club day @ Wakefield on the 13th of December?

I'm paid and booked in but I don't think my Civic is going to be ready so I might take the bog stock Aurion and see what it can do. I'm banking on 1:14s, or 1:15s. LOL

Has anyone fitted oil temp and water temp guages in their Aurion? Curious to see where to mount the sensors.

Also, has anyone mounted a Transmission cooler?

Cheers

the TRD comes stock with a transmission cooler and im sure that would be able to be fitted without to much stuffing around(you can see it behind the grill if you look at a photo of one), it would surely burn a hole in ur pocket tho

Edited by eSEXSIX

Completely off topic,

I will be there spectating, unfortunately i have to much to do to the cappuccino and the stock cooler is tiny so i dont wanna risk running it in the middle of summer. I will also be practicing my photography while im there!

If i see you the pits i will come over and say gday!

Hey cool...Never off topic buddy :-)

and likewise, i'll look out for a cuppa (2 sugars and a dash of hazelnut pls?)... Hahaha...

Might be the opportunity to work on my lines and show some H. Euros Toyota's superiority... :toast:

hahaha...

Completely off topic,

I will be there spectating, unfortunately i have to much to do to the cappuccino and the stock cooler is tiny so i dont wanna risk running it in the middle of summer. I will also be practicing my photography while im there!

If i see you the pits i will come over and say gday!

the TRD comes stock with a transmission cooler and im sure that would be able to be fitted without to much stuffing around(you can see it behind the grill if you look at a photo of one), it would surely burn a hole in ur pocket tho

LOL. A number of aftermarket oil coolers like Hayden, Derale go for about $100. Only dodgy thing is the hose clamps.

Maybe I'll pay a visit to Earls and see what can be dug up cheaply.

Probably download some of the Workshop manuals tonight (at work now - and the sites been banned :-p) to see how it can be connected.

Running the oil temp guage is probably more important as I'm not running an oil cooler and just need to watch those oil temps.

I tested a stock FD2R in Singapore at a local track and much to the owner's chagrin, oil temps started hitting 140 degrees when he himself couldn't get it above 120...LOL...then again there was a difference in lap times by about 15 seconds around the 3.9km circuit.

i'm curious to also see how the michelins will hold up...LOL...

Anyone else going to the Circuit Club day @ Wakefield on the 13th of December?

I'm paid and booked in but I don't think my Civic is going to be ready so I might take the bog stock Aurion and see what it can do. I'm banking on 1:14s, or 1:15s. LOL

Has anyone fitted oil temp and water temp guages in their Aurion? Curious to see where to mount the sensors.

Also, has anyone mounted a Transmission cooler?

Cheers

i thought the aurions came stock with the transmission cooler like the trd.

my camry sportivo v6 auto came with a transmission cooler standard. odd.

i thought the aurions came stock with the transmission cooler like the trd.

my camry sportivo v6 auto came with a transmission cooler standard. odd.

I didn't realise this until I saw the workshop manual last night. That saves me abit of a headache, what i'll do is just mount a couple of temperature probs and monitor the oil temps.

Regarding mounting the temperature probes, I'm thinking at this time splicing the hose leading to the transmission cooler (and oil cooler as well) and putting a probe there. I think the parts can probably be sourced from Earls.

Unless someone else has a better idea

*Edit*

Well it seems that there's a plug under the cooler hoses used to measure transmission fluid pressure. I'm pretty sure the temperature probe can be adapted to fit eliminating the need to cut any hoses.

Additionally, it would also seem that there is a Transmission fluid temperature monitor. Wonder what that does?

Edited by e240

The TRDs use an external cooler as well as the in radiator transmission cooler.

Have you thought about using a ScanGauge II with the XGauge to monitor the temps?

Scan Gauge won't tell transmission oil temps.