Trd aurion

Ascendant Rice

Best left to the owners to answer that, but from my experience it does whine, just not very audible (as in loud enough to make some ordinary person ask "what's that strange sound"). I reckon once SecaBoy has his intake finished, his would sounds sweet, but still nowhere near that typical whine you were thinking of (second video posted).

This video explains the TVS supercharger:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!
Some of the guys like their loud supercharge, the old roots style superchargers, but basically that sound is energy and you're losing that energy so your efficiency is low. So with the new design the efficiency is improved, it's basically state-of-the-art.

Now this is a supercharger whine that I want the TRD Aurion to have:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

It usually whines when you are at 3,500 rpm or more. Adding an aftermarket air filter helped to make it slightly more audible, but if you are expecting it to be loud you will be disappointed. It's just loud enough to remind you that it is still there.

if your thinking of buying one (charger) it wont happen, at least not from Toyota.

Was checking some prices for another forum member and i was laughed at...

ill prolly get one custom fitted to my car. is it possible to paint superchargers?i reckon silver loosk eww i want it blue

It usually whines when you are at 3,500 rpm or more. Adding an aftermarket air filter helped to make it slightly more audible, but if you are expecting it to be loud you will be disappointed. It's just loud enough to remind you that it is still there.

Will second that! Above 3,500 rpm and also when the engine is under load (steep inclines) the pretty red thing on top of the engine reminds you that it is there.

It's whine is nothing like an aftermarket Vortech set-up though, I heard some Vortech pumps on Commodores (mainly a VS Ecotech engine) and it sounded like there was a cat being strangled under the bonnet - it was insane!

i love s/c whine and the look on peoples faces when you drive past! its the wtf was that look ahahaha i've had one guy duck his head cos he didnt know what was going on, must have thought it was a ufo??

LOL he ducked