Toyota Cabin Air Filter / AirCon Filter

Installed this a few days ago. I got the activated carbon option which costs about $43.50 because I opted for pickup since he was located in Melbourne. Prepare to pay roughly $7.50 more if you getting it delivered.

CairFil Website

Don't seem to get much crap coming out from the air-con vents anymore if I don't recirculate the air. Use to always be able to smell the exhaust fumes from the car in front. Worse if its LPG.

That's my experience. Thought I share it. Browse his website for more information.

;)

I wish the Aurion filter was offered in an activated carbon design. The filter is good at preventing dirt entering the car, but if I end up stuck behind a diesel truck or ute, I end up with the fumes though the vents. I always leave my fresh air on when the A/C is off as it gives the A/C a good airing.

...Worse if its LPG.

I guess I'm quite weird then. I actually like the smell of the exhaust from LPG vehicles. Something about it that just smells good. Not that I enjoy sniffing exhaust fumes; just that I don't mind LPG exhaust.

I always leave my fresh air on when the A/C is off as it gives the A/C a good airing.

Same here.

...Worse if its LPG.

I guess I'm quite weird then. I actually like the smell of the exhaust from LPG vehicles. Something about it that just smells good. Not that I enjoy sniffing exhaust fumes; just that I don't mind LPG exhaust.

Smells of rotten eggs. Absolutely hate it!

:)

Activated Carbon? That’s some hardcore stuff, very effective in Nitrogen removal in solubles.. Not sure how it attaches to air born particles. What ever gets the job I guess!

Edited by nele

Can these be fitted to a 2004 Camry? I could not find any reference on the website to Camry's.... Would love to get one.

Installed this a few days ago. I got the activated carbon option which costs about $43.50 because I opted for pickup since he was located in Melbourne. Prepare to pay roughly $7.50 more if you getting it delivered.

CairFil Website

Don't seem to get much crap coming out from the air-con vents anymore if I don't recirculate the air. Use to always be able to smell the exhaust fumes from the car in front. Worse if its LPG.

That's my experience. Thought I share it. Browse his website for more information.

;)

Can these be fitted to a 2004 Camry? I could not find any reference on the website to Camry's.... Would love to get one.

CairFil Website

;)

Best to get in touch with him mate. He is a nice guy to talk to :D

Cheers.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

ok i went to check if my car had a dirty filter, and i pulled out the tray that Rolla Boy was talking about (a1 inch high, 6" wide clip draw), and there was no filter! wtf?

anyways, to people that have purchased the carbon activated one, how is the progress going?

wondering if i should bother and just get the normal one

ok i went to check if my car had a dirty filter, and i pulled out the tray that Rolla Boy was talking about (a1 inch high, 6" wide clip draw), and there was no filter! wtf?

anyways, to people that have purchased the carbon activated one, how is the progress going?

wondering if i should bother and just get the normal one

Having just trail the activated carbon one, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a pain in the **** and won't mind saving spending a few extra bucks to have a filter that kills/filter sh!t that you can't see, bla bla bla bla bla

These items are consumeables and the recommended changing cycle is a year or 15,000KM depending on the enviroment you are driving your car in. Dirtier/dustier driving enviroment means more polutants so I won't be spending that much if I was me :)

Reason i mentioned the above is because i can still smell cr@p from the car in front and others...... so what's the point? Get a simple one or just do a DIY !!!!

Toyota also has a tendency of creating the posibility of adding an option hence the tray there but no filter. Realise the same thing as well when I was doing the JDM tailight mod. There was a 5W/21W imprinted there with a hole stenciled ready to be cut. So go figure.