sticky box (not that box)

anferne

hey guys, i own a 03 stock sportivo.(had it for one week) every now and then, it feels like the shifts from 1st to 2nd to 3rd are a bit sticky and require a little bit of force to get the stick sitting into the next gear, if i change slower it i can feel clunks and little barriers that i have to push through to get the thing sitting in the next gear,

i know its a springy gear box and it works better when shifting in a 2 stage process, like clicking the gear into the half way point and from then clicking it into down into second... does anyone else find the gears a little sticky (not smooth to shift) ?? what could be the cause of this ?

my friend tells me that if any force is required to shift gears that is a bad thing.......... like we arnt meant to have to force the gears in are we??

anyone else find the 6 speed not so smooth??

Hehe, nice one Spillage.

Seriously, I had the clutch replaced, the tranny fluid replaced with expensive stuff, new shift bearings to replace the old sloppy bushings, and it's still gritty feeling. I feel the little jaggy edges in the shift too, and I always worry those are worn syncros? I still need to get my slave cylinder adjusted for more through, but my local Toyota dealer denies it's ever been a recall or TSB item. :(

Gav.

Hehe, nice one Spillage.

Seriously, I had the clutch replaced, the tranny fluid replaced with expensive stuff, new shift bearings to replace the old sloppy bushings, and it's still gritty feeling. I feel the little jaggy edges in the shift too, and I always worry those are worn syncros? I still need to get my slave cylinder adjusted for more through, but my local Toyota dealer denies it's ever been a recall or TSB item. :(

Gav.

i see.. so im not the only one that thinks the manual transmission is not so smooth.. you hit the nail on the head when you said "little jaggy edges in the shift"

whats everyone else think ?

everyone else thinks you should use the search function

has been extensively covered... every sportivo owner has had a whinge about the 6spd.

i think you should use the search function too........ search for a tissue

heheh Good call mate, you'll need it, to wipe away the sh!t that just came out your mouth.

But seriously look at this thread... Its Pinned Right up the top of the Corolla / Corolla Sportivo section

PREVIOUSLY COVERED TOPICS

theres a great section on Gearbox oil there you'll be interested in reading.