Ae101 superstrut

I've done it, there was a set of calipers for sale at Twincam.org

You'll have issues fitting them to sportivo discs without a dogbone adaptor

Edited by CHA54

In your opinion is it worth while or are there better options out there, considering cost ect?

definately worth while for the ae82 and ae92 but there would be better options for a sportivo i imagine.

In your opinion is it worth while or are there better options out there, considering cost ect?

definately worth while for the ae82 and ae92 but there would be better options for a sportivo i imagine.

Like, maybe, stock Sportivo ones maybe? As you said, 101 Superstruts are a decent upgrade for an AE82 or 92, but you have to remember that a ZZE123 Sportivo is ten years NEWER than an AE101 Levin, and thus there has most likely been some improvements in standard braking equipment since then. Also, Superstrut parts are quite hard to come across, as they all have to be imported (101 Levins were never sold here), and they aren't that common in the first place, plus the fact that they're 15 years old now.

Ohh, and AE101 Levins had MacPherson strut-style IRS (as did all FWD Corollas before the ZZE), as opposed to the ZZE's torsion beam axle. So another big hurdle there.

the twin piston sliding calipers make a massive difference on the ZZE122's, even on stock discs.

Parts for the superstrut calipers are easy to source in aus, same rebuild kit and pads as SW20 turbo.

Just so we're clear, are you after the whole superstrut suspension package, or just the brakes? Much easier to work out exactly what will and won't fit that way, plus what can be sourced easily (pads and caliper stuff etc are easy-ish, as was mentioned. Rotors and other suspension components, on the other hand not so)

mate just source urself a BBK ..... there is no half way substitute ..... ull thank me later wen u put a race harness in so u dont have to keep slapping ur forehead on the windscreen ;) ;) ;) ;)

check this link out

http://partscatalog.newcelica.org/page.php...egory=brakekits

only thing u will need to do with these is re-drill the rotors as they r made for the celica which has a differnt PCD.

I'm running the rotora 4 pot setup myself on my stivo and i dunno how i put up with the stock brakes for so long ...... even when i upgraded to dba4000 series rotors and ferodo ds2500 pads ..... the BBK simply leave it for dead ;) ;)

4 pot is for the ladies.....6 Pot is where its at

6 pot are simply overkill for fat cars that need 2 loose some weight ....... so get on a diet corey .... both u n the black beast need to cut down on those mcnuggets :P :P :P :P :P