corolla stivo and type r

did u guyz know toyota released a very rare 168kw ttr/trd stivo rolla in about 05 i only ever sore 1 but i know they exist im sure that would have been faster then the type r

Mate I think you might be referring to the T-Sport Compressor. It's s/c and puts out about that much power.. Never made it here :(

did u guyz know toyota released a very rare 168kw ttr/trd stivo rolla in about 05 i only ever sore 1 but i know they exist im sure that would have been faster then the type r

yeah mate ... the limited edition CTS which came with a super charger in it .... had larger rims n tyres & i believe the sussy is better as well ..... so yeah i'd say it would walk all over all these hondas ..... its what they now use in the lotus for the supercharged edition of the exige (spelling). 165 kw at 7800 rpm & 230 nm from 3600 rpm. And this was toyota being conservative because in the lotus equivalent they have this exact same setup on 178kw's ..... they needed to reduce the power to meet the tough european emissions laws that apply to the class of car the rolla is in ..... how do i know ..... spoke to the engineer @ toyota UK that looked after the ECU side of it ;)

i dont have any comparisons or data on any head to head challenges with the honda's.

Here's some real hand pics for when i managed to have a look @ one up close when i was in the UK getting a tour of toyota UK head quarters ;)

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=5193

Also a pdf to give u more details on the CTS Compressor

http://www.who-sells-it.com/images/catalog...34/pdf_9206.pdf

lol they did?

meh never heard of it

EP3 ftmfw!! my next car i hope

white EP3!!! >_<

mate if we had the CTS compressor ill rip u in ur EP3 :P :P :P meh ill still take u in my ride ...... bring it up to sydney wen u have it steven we can go for a bash n c who comes out first @ the finish line :P

i dont know much bout type r or stivos, thats why i spent 20k on a conquest and not a stivo, cause i thought stivos were just corollas with side skirts....oh well. but what i do know is this honda rules the aftermarket fwd world and always will, its all about street cred. corolla im sorry but your soft

DUDE ..... $20K for a conquest :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: i hope that wasnt recently ..... pre-facelift conquests r like sub $15K these days ..... now i knw why u have such a dim view of the rolla ..... a stivo has a completely different engine, gearbox, brakes yada yada yada ..... i think as Will said ur thinking of the levin ...... also y did u spin ur avtar around ? no need to be shy of the lexus bling bling on ur rolla ..... ok we'll much rather enjoy the painted calipers anyway.

yes i know i got ripped i walked into to the dealer with a brown paper bag full of money, and said give me a cheap fuel efficient car....end resolt corolla conquest and 20k poorer, dident even test drive the thing. when i said side skirts i meant side skirts, front spoiler, rims and badges, cant i spin my avtar around for no reason........ hey ive seen pics of your car in the day with those same lights lol

yes i know i got ripped i walked into to the dealer with a brown paper bag full of money, and said give me a cheap fuel efficient car....end resolt corolla conquest and 20k poorer, dident even test drive the thing. when i said side skirts i meant side skirts, front spoiler, rims and badges, cant i spin my avtar around for no reason........ hey ive seen pics of your car in the day with those same lights lol

damn ..... those dealers ..... dont get me started ......

yeah the levin came out with all the added cosmetics ..... yeah guilty as charged lol .... went back to stock once i didnt wanna stand out ;)

damn ..... those dealers ..... dont get me started ......

yeah the levin came out with all the added cosmetics ..... yeah guilty as charged lol .... went back to stock once i didnt wanna stand out ;)

i thinkin bout changing back to stock as the look i was going for with the car might not happen now, chaved hatch, custom extended bar (when i say shaved i mean completly shaved) as one rear ender and the dreams over, its not practical.

i have driven a stivo since ive purchased the rolla and i was impressed, changing hard in to 2nd in lift round a corner is great fun as u hear the tyres scream and the stearing wheel shake. but hondas got what over compact car manufacturers want and thats street cred, and for good reason

Mate I think you might be referring to the T-Sport Compressor. It's s/c and puts out about that much power.. Never made it here :(

no there was 1 at wollongong toyota im 100% sure it had 168 it had head work by trd n tune by ttr n other things like the cai pod filter (with air box for compiance reasons) but it was still n/a and it made 168 maybe 158 but deffinately more then 140(standard stivo)

no there was 1 at wollongong toyota im 100% sure it had 168 it had head work by trd n tune by ttr n other things like the cai pod filter (with air box for compiance reasons) but it was still n/a and it made 168 maybe 158 but deffinately more then 140(standard stivo)

hmmmm could have been leanne ferrari's ex-race sportivo ..... it was tuned to 130kw @ wheels which would be about 170ish @ the engine ..... had a full blue print done on the engine etc etc. Had a motec ECU. maybe got a bit de-tuned for road use ..... dunno ..... unless the dealer is pulling ur leg as ive seen them do that heaps to others before ...... lol

Anybody know why Toyota didn't make the 2zz engine a 2.0 litre? That would be sure to compete with the DC5r. Also, it would surely improve low down torque where the current engine lacks. The Stivo should probably have come out with a 3sge with lift :whistling: . Anyway, as it is, its good bang for buck and a good car to drive for those who don't want to jump on the Honda bandwagon. ;)

The 3s-ge isn't as great an engine as you may have been lead to believe. It is very very very heavy and would kill performance as much as it gives. It needs a turbo to give it any go. You can have a 1.94L stroked 2zz if you got the money ;)

...leanne ferrari's...

Don't you mean Leanne Ferrier? :P

I also note that you didn't use her new surname of Tander, still a bit bitter about her marrying a knob? :lol:

...leanne ferrari's...

I also note that you didn't use her new surname of Tander, still a bit bitter about her marrying a knob? :lol:

details details dave ..... always missing the bigger picture u r :P ...... all that matters is a chick named leanne used to drive a race tuned sportivo ...... the fact that i mis-spelt her maiden name and didnt mention she married a knob are just minor side effects of the bigger picture ..... u gotta learn 2 step back out of the detail and look @ what really counts in a conversation :P :P :P :P :P

...leanne ferrari's...

details details dave ..... always missing the bigger picture u r :P ...... all that matters is a chick named leanne used to drive a race tuned sportivo ...... the fact that i mis-spelt her maiden name and didnt mention she married a knob are just minor side effects of the bigger picture ..... u gotta learn 2 step back out of the detail and look @ what really counts in a conversation :P :P :P :P :P

Yep... bigger picture... Like the fact that Leanne's car is a race car, and surprisingly its very difficult to turn a race car back into a road car. Actually, its impossible.

Besides that, I know who owns the ex-Leanne Tander car, and yes its still a racing car, currently with a 2ltr 2ZZ running 190PS ATW.

I have heard of this fabled 168kw Corolla Sportivo, it has popped up on here before about 2 years ago. Its a load of crap, it never happened.