New to the Paseo scene

Danthuyer

Hey guy/gals

You may have seen me around the traps here talking till im blue in the face about Corollas ;) well its time for me to learn a bit more about 94 paseo's

A friend of mine has one and I'm keen to get it going well for her.

Anywhere I should be lookin to do a bit of reading? any links etc would be great.

Craig

sell it and buy a celica.... or a blue corolla cos we all no blues 1s rule

:P na

suprisingly enough though the paseo hold value fairly well for a 96 with 70K on it can get almost $10,000.00 :blink:

[/

Well you have to think about it, its a 94 model, so in other words it looks like ****, my advice is sell the ugly thing and get urself into something with a lil more balls

Don't listen to them mate.....Paseos are good cars :rolleyes:

The car itself shares a lot of components with the Starlet and Sera ( running gear ) hence them all being grouped together on the forum.

They'll never be the fastest cars on the road ( round about 100hp if i recall ) but they are mechanically easy to work on and there is plenty of modding capability.

Check out the garages on TOC uk for ideas, there's a couple of modded ones in there.

If you need any engine details, you can find the engine manual pdf >> Here <<.

one rule though, regarding the Seo.........Don't carry passengers taller than about 2 feet in the back ! :P

Rich

one rule though, regarding the Seo.........Don't carry passengers taller than about 2 feet in the back ! :P

Rich

Not entirely true ... I have spent more that my fair share of time sitting in the back of a mate's Paseo and I'm 6 feet and around 120kg. Admittedly, head room is a little tight, and the front seat passenger has their knees around their head to accommodate me, but it can be done.

Now if someone can give me some advice on removing myself from the rear seat with some sort of dignity ... :lol:

Seriously, though, I'm a bit of a fan of the Paseo's styling and it sits you low enough to make you feel like you're driving something faster than it is. And as with all Toyota's, its economical and reliable ... the way my mate has driven his for the last 120,000kms, if it was a Hyundai, it would be scrap metal right now! :D

sop11e - It's my car :P

Boro-Sera - thx for the link mate ;) I have read up on a few of the starlet GT conversions but I dont think I'm that keen hahahaha.....simple things first. thx for the link also ;)

Buddha - Does the word 'SHOEHORN' come to mind :P

sop11e - It's my car

Sorry was supposed to read " sop11e - It's NOT my car :P"

Yes the 'car' is lacking in testicular endowment. It's only rated at 68kW or something rediculous like that. compare that to my ~180kW = big difference ;)

Edited by Danthuyer

sop11e - It's my car

Yes the 'car' is lacking in testicular endowment. It's only rated at 68kW or something rediculous like that. compare that to my ~180kW = big difference ;)

I'd be interested to see what an engine transplant would do for the Paseo ... even the standard 100kW VVT-i engine would be a huge improvement, but imagine the VVTL-i engine, even better with Craig's mods.

Hhmmm, I can see it now ... the Paseo and Craig's Stivo side-by-side in the garage, the heart of a beast transplanted into a meek coupe ... we shall call it ... 'Flake-enstein ! :lol:

sop11e - It's my car

I'd be interested to see what an engine transplant would do for the Paseo ... even the standard 100kW VVT-i engine would be a huge improvement, but imagine the VVTL-i engine, even better with Craig's mods.

Hhmmm, I can see it now ... the Paseo and Craig's Stivo side-by-side in the garage, the heart of a beast transplanted into a meek coupe ... we shall call it ... 'Flake-enstein ! :lol:

STOP putting ideas into my head pete :P the though has already crossed my mind...that or a starlet GT turbo conversion ;)

sop11e - It's my car

STOP putting ideas into my head pete :P the though has already crossed my mind...that or a starlet GT turbo conversion ;)

I am a bit of a fan of the Paseo, but for a bit of a laugh I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment on Craig's proposed turbo transplant ...

... A "hairdryer" for a "hairdresser's car" ! :lol:

Ok, so I'm not funny, but we've certainly injected some life into this part of the forums, that's for sure! :)

I am a bit of a fan of the Paseo, but for a bit of a laugh I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment on Craig's proposed turbo transplant ...

... A "hairdryer" for a "hairdresser's car" ! 

Ok, so I'm not funny, but we've certainly injected some life into this part of the forums, that's for sure! 

HAHA

na the snowflake gets looked after first....then the Flake-enstein ;)

• 4 months later...
so how is your FRIEND going? are they happy with all the work you've done to the car?

Yup xanthe loves the work ive done......to ...her....................CAR!!!

and whats the go with you catching up on 2 yr old threads nat :P :P :P :P

• 2 weeks later...