[BNE] Tangcla Photoshoot nights

ok Brisbane people here is ur chance to take full advantage of Tangcla skills as he has offered to come up here to do some shoots for us, this is just an EOI at this stage to get and estimate on numbers. There will be night shoots and it will be spread over 3 night (depending on amount of interest) with a maximum of 10-12 cars per night. The cost of this will be $50 per car for (Tangcla please conferm number) of photos.

most of you are aware of his brilliant work on BigBum's car vvv

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=19261

So please put you name down if you are interested, this will be also posted on boostcruising.com.

we are yet to confirm a date at this stage but should be in the next 1-2 months.

And if you know of any friends that would like to join put there name down aswell ;)

Cheers guys :D

Rowan

ok guys dates are 9th, 10th and 11th of APRIL, TOCAU guys are on Saturday the 11th.....please post up if there is any objections

shoots will start at 7pm

location will be corner of Bedivere St and Cadogan St, Carindale (opposite Westfield Carindale) Council Park

thanks guys

current list is:

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

2. Supercharged TRD

3. 11TWO (maybe)

4. Evo7 - Corolla

5. DJKOR

6. Silvabullit - Hilux or Kombi.

7. Northy

8. Natedog11six - (AE93 SX Hatch)

9. SecaBoy - TRD Aurion

10. SupaTouring - TRD Aurion

11.GCCL - turbo camry

12. JSTCHLN - maybe

*NOTE 12 PEOPLE MAX - if someone pulls out feel free to jump in*

Edited by eSEXSIX

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh i never new north had that sort of equiptment....well tangcla's offered and if there is not enough interest from the people here to be worth the effort to come up then northy can be our guy if he's up to it :)

I'm always keen to have pics of my car no matter who takes them. So I put my hand up for a Tangcla shoot or a Northy shoot.

Is there any reason we can't do both if there's enough interest...??

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

2. (non forum member) - M5 BMW

3. ROL14

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

3. ROL14

4. TRD Aurion Owner

5. 11TWO (maybe dependent on when it will be)

This sounds like an awesome chance to get professional photos of the C-Rolla :P

count me in :D

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

3. ROL14

4. TRD Aurion Owner

6. Evo7 - Corolla

Yeah its about time we had a photo shoot of the current group of cars we have now in brissy.

No offense to Tangcla, your work is superb and will need to fly up here n maybe spend a few nights, but I'm not too keen on spending $50.

I think we have enough skill and equipment here to do a decent job :)

Count me in. I'd be more than glad to pay him to take some photos of my Aurion. Every photographer has their individual style, and I like tangcla's.

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

3. ROL14

4. TRD Aurion Owner

6. Evo7 - Corolla

7. DJKOR

I've only done a little bit of photography but bearing in mind he's willing to fly up (if there's enough of us) and then there's the editing (i imagine) involved in getting his shots to the standard they are... $50 is quite reasonable I think... I'd be happy to give anyone $50 for pics of my car (especially of that standard), as I know the cost, effort and time that goes into producing such a pic...

But each to their own :)

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

3. ROL14

4. TRD Aurion Owner

6. Evo7 - Corolla

7. DJKOR

8. Silvabullit - Hilux or Kombi.(prolly the Kombi) that will test his skills to hide the blemishes LOL!!

Do we have a date in mind and a place???? that will depend on whether I can make it.

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

3. ROL14

4. TRD Aurion Owner

6. Evo7 - Corolla

7. DJKOR

8. Silvabullit - Hilux or Kombi.(prolly the Kombi) that will test his skills to hide the blemishes LOL!!

9. Northy

ill come along too

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

3. ROL14

4. TRD Aurion Owner

5. 11TWO (maybe)

6. Evo7 - Corolla

7. DJKOR

8. Silvabullit - Hilux or Kombi.

9. Northy

10. Natedog11six - (AE93 SX Hatch)

I'll try and be there for this. Looks pretty cool. Will be good to see what he can do with an older Corolla...

Hopefully the damage is repaired by then, or he's good at chopping!

Edited by natedog11six

I've only done a little bit of photography but bearing in mind he's willing to fly up (if there's enough of us) and then there's the editing (i imagine) involved in getting his shots to the standard they are... $50 is quite reasonable I think... I'd be happy to give anyone $50 for pics of my car (especially of that standard), as I know the cost, effort and time that goes into producing such a pic...

But each to their own :)

...your work is superb and will need to fly up here n maybe spend a few nights...

Oh I fully understand the amount that he is asking (see above), and I also think its fairly reasonable.

To clear things up, I wasn't implying the $50 for tangcla's work is a rip-off, not at all. Just that some of us can take decent shots for free ;) (obviously it won't quite be the same :P)

btw. he doesn't edit his photos

I'm happy to come along and see how he works, n perhaps learn a few things :)

1. eSEXSIX - Aurion

3. ROL14

4. TRD Aurion Owner

5. 11TWO (maybe)

6. Evo7 - Corolla

7. DJKOR

8. Silvabullit - Hilux or Kombi.

9. Northy

10. Natedog11six - (AE93 SX Hatch)

11. SecaBoy - TRD Aurion

im staying in brisbane for a couple of months now at the very least, so i'm up for this... :)

Hi all,

Tangcla has requested that the photoshoot be in a location that is closest to pitch black as possible....preferably undercover because of unprodictable weather when organising to come up here in advance.

So...does anyone have any suggestions of a place to go or has access to a wearhouse or somthing?

please give me your suggestions

Thanks

Rowan

Edited by eSEXSIX

pitch black as possible....preferably undercover

So...does anyone have any suggestions of a place to go or has access to a wearhouse or somthing?

Is he gonna want the sunset visable/available for the back drop as in the Corolla shots...?

And do we need room enough for just the 11/12 of us, or is there more people from others forums who have shown interest?

I'll keep an eye out for some places, just wanted to make sure they are suitable.

:)

Edited by ROL14

pitch black as possible....preferably undercover

Is he gonna want the sunset visable/available for the back drop as in the Corolla shots...?

And do we need room enough for just the 11/12 of us, or is there more people from others forums who have shown interest?

I'll keep an eye out for some places, just wanted to make sure they are suitable.

:)

i think he just wants a pith black place no sunset etc. to do the pics like his avartar I THINK...

The place really only needs to be big enough to put 1 car in at a time if that helps anyone think of a place (big concreted shed even maybe) there is 11 or so of us on here and another 15 confirmed on boostcruising.

Thanks for looking out cos we really need to find a place soon :)

So I've been out and about since 5pm taking photo's with ROL14 as I've got a shoot I'm doing on Sunday and was checking lights etc thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and check for sites for our shoot with Tangcla.

I came across a couple of spots with the following pro's and con's (in order of pref):

#1 - Mt Nebo Picnic / Lookout (can't remember where exactly along the road it is but I'm sure you all know where I mean)

PRO: DARK DARK DARK - the only light you'll really get is the ambiance of the city and even then, cause its high there's not a lot of that either, unless its over cast and the light bounces off the sky... And of course MOUNTAIN RUN!! Haha... on bitumen and no gates prohibiting access

CON: ... ... ... I'll get back to you... ... ... ( :P ) (can you tell I liked this idea) (feel free to point out any points I've missed though... ;) )

#2 - Stanton Road, Tingalpa (next to the Gateway) Council Park

PRO: Really really dark, there's no surrounding buildings or lights for 800m and what there is close by the trees and parkland kills anyways, setting/background should be appropriate, on bitumen

CON: There was a gate at the entrance, a new one. It was opened when I were there at 8pm. The sign at the entrance to the park said Gate opened: 6am and Gate Closed 7pm... There is roadwork being completed on the gateway near by, which I believe is why the gate was opened. Awesome spot but would have to do some research to see how often this gate and when its actually closed.

#3 - Bedivere St / Cadogan St, Carindale (opposite Westfield Carindale) Council Park

PRO: Dark enough, setting/background should be appropriate, on bitumen, no gates prohibiting access

CON: Some passing traffic with really bright lights like hi-beams could cause an issue, although this could be over come by facing the cars towards this direction and using the darkness in the back drop, minimising the light spill... But it really wouldn't be much spill over at all...

So yeah, just a couple of ideas from me. If I come across anywhere else in my travels I'll let you all know.

Edit*: I just realised none of these places are undercover or warehouses - so yeah none of the above will work if the weather turns on us... So its someone else's turn to find the outdoor areas... cause I've got nothing in that department :blush:

(but keep your fingers crossed about the weather hey! - cause I really want an excuse to go up Nebo again... :P)

Edited by ROL14

Cheers for taking the time to check those areas out Julez. I did think of that picnic spot up at Nebo (my first place I thought of), but thought that you will pick up some dirt and bugs on the way there so I ruled it out. But the mountain run would be fun.

Cheers for taking the time to check those areas out Julez. I did think of that picnic spot up at Nebo (my first place I thought of), but thought that you will pick up some dirt and bugs on the way there so I ruled it out. But the mountain run would be fun.

Problem Solved: Bottle of Meguires Waterless Car Wash and a cloth/chamois - fix it when we get to the top, they'll only be on the front bar and the window...

lol ;) :P :clap:

So I've been out and about since 5pm taking photo's with ROL14 as I've got a shoot I'm doing on Sunday and was checking lights etc thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and check for sites for our shoot with Tangcla.

I came across a couple of spots with the following pro's and con's (in order of pref):

#1 - Mt Nebo Picnic / Lookout (can't remember where exactly along the road it is but I'm sure you all know where I mean)

PRO: DARK DARK DARK - the only light you'll really get is the ambiance of the city and even then, cause its high there's not a lot of that either, unless its over cast and the light bounces off the sky... And of course MOUNTAIN RUN!! Haha... on bitumen and no gates prohibiting access

CON: ... ... ... I'll get back to you... ... ... ( :P ) (can you tell I liked this idea) (feel free to point out any points I've missed though... ;) )

#2 - Stanton Road, Tingalpa (next to the Gateway) Council Park

PRO: Really really dark, there's no surrounding buildings or lights for 800m and what there is close by the trees and parkland kills anyways, setting/background should be appropriate, on bitumen

CON: There was a gate at the entrance, a new one. It was opened when I were there at 8pm. The sign at the entrance to the park said Gate opened: 6am and Gate Closed 7pm... There is roadwork being completed on the gateway near by, which I believe is why the gate was opened. Awesome spot but would have to do some research to see how often this gate and when its actually closed.

#3 - Bedivere St / Cadogan St, Carindale (opposite Westfield Carindale) Council Park

PRO: Dark enough, setting/background should be appropriate, on bitumen, no gates prohibiting access

CON: Some passing traffic with really bright lights like hi-beams could cause an issue, although this could be over come by facing the cars towards this direction and using the darkness in the back drop, minimising the light spill... But it really wouldn't be much spill over at all...

So yeah, just a couple of ideas from me. If I come across anywhere else in my travels I'll let you all know.

Edit*: I just realised none of these places are undercover or warehouses - so yeah none of the above will work if the weather turns on us... So its someone else's turn to find the outdoor areas... cause I've got nothing in that department :blush:

(but keep your fingers crossed about the weather hey! - cause I really want an excuse to go up Nebo again... :P)

Goodness me you sure have been busy Julez...

I have few spots to mention that I have gone to shoot at...

QUT Gardens Point (Under Carriage way car park)

PRO: perfect for individualised photos rather than groupies.

CON: may cause QUT security to make a visit when so many Corollas come zooming around the round about LOL

Hamilton Peak (access from Sandgate Road, Clayfield or Hamilton...)

PRO: street lighting... back views of city... plenty of parking and space if going up late at night

CON: getting there = few massive speed bumps... maybe too bright?

Shorncliffe area

NOTES: few locations in this area... there's the popular pier and sort of beach (busy at night on occasions); Cabbage Tree Creek entrance car park (dimmed lighting, views of Brisbane cargo bays) and Cabbage Tree Creek boat ramp car park (pitch black no lighting)

I'll try get photos of the locations sometime this week after work.

Boat ramp Shultz's canal at Nudgee near the refues transfer station. If there are no lights there it will be very dark LOL

The people who are going from boost cruising... not keen on the idea myself. Far too many people on that forum that only know one speed ... flat out even in car parks....

would prefer it if it was TOCAU only then boost losers at another site.....

Thank you very much julz, 112 and SB.

julz - i think #2 Stanton Rd Tingalpa would be a great place, but that gate is a bit of a problem

- Nebo is very dark and if we didnt go to hard on the way up there there wouldnt be to much dust/break dust/bugs on the car, how many people go there tho?

112 - that is a perfect place but isnt it lit up? and how would security appreciate that?

- Cabbage tree boad ramp is a good spot taht and jacobs well area where my 1st thoughts

SB - Yes i was planning on seperating us some of the people on there are sensible but there is some real fuqheads in the mitst of them!!!!

- have you been to this spot at night? and there is no lights at all? and how aften does it get during the night, obviouly not very often?

main choices are

1. Cabbage tree/jacobs well area

2. Shultz's canal boat ramp

3. Nebo

please tell us ur preferances and why

thank you