Engine Swap for Corona???

PhantomCorona

I was thinking of doing some serious work to the lil beast of mine atm.

Seriously thinking of doing an engine swap from a 22RE to a nice 7MGTE.

Any feedback on this would be nice.

I had this on supraforums as a suggestion but got shut down big time.

Anyone have any info they can share on this? Like some Pros and Cons of this type of engine swap?

Also and how to go about buying a 7MGTE.

look i cant say if done or seen a straigh six in a corona it would be posible those with time money and some good fabricators help but im sure it will be tight for a for a radiator and intercooler up front and thermo fans somewhere in there to my opinion only because its a bigger 4cyl that toyota makes (otherwise id say 4age) 3sgte i know you will still need to fabricate engine mounts and some how get a box that will handle the power n bolt to the back of engine all of which u will need to do with a 7m but that engine will give you more room for radiator intercooler thermo's and servicing items like drive belts and timing belt replacing

but yeah if the 7mgte wat you want id be goin to performance shops and places like that to see if it can be done and how much it wont be cheap tho id say

1 thing i have seen is a 1jzgte inline 6 in a hilux and they come out with a 22r motor also so why not

look i cant say if done or seen a straigh six in a corona it would be posible those with time money and some good fabricators help but im sure it will be tight for a for a radiator and intercooler up front and thermo fans somewhere in there to my opinion only because its a bigger 4cyl that toyota makes (otherwise id say 4age) 3sgte i know you will still need to fabricate engine mounts and some how get a box that will handle the power n bolt to the back of engine all of which u will need to do with a 7m but that engine will give you more room for radiator intercooler thermo's and servicing items like drive belts and timing belt replacing

but yeah if the 7mgte wat you want id be goin to performance shops and places like that to see if it can be done and how much it wont be cheap tho id say

1 thing i have seen is a 1jzgte inline 6 in a hilux and they come out with a 22r motor also so why not

I've seen tonnes of Coronas with 1GGTEs in them, no problems. It's a very common swap. And if you can get a 1JZ into an RA28 (which you can), you can get one into an RT142.

7M's have a major flaw in that they like to chew through headgaskets/heads. I'd avoid, unless you like doing rebuilds :)

3SGTE BEAMS would be a nice albeit pricey conversion, even something like a 7A-GE would go hard in it.

7Ms only destroy headgaskets if you follow what Toyota recommends for head-bolt torque. It's a defect from factory that was never officially rectified, basically what happened is that the head-gasket material/thickness or something was changed at the last minute but the bolt torques weren't changed to reflect it. If you change the headgasket and bolts, and re-torque in a proper fashion (fair bit of knowledge of this on Toymods), then you won't have any more headgasket problems.

Cheers guys.

Yeah my thoughts were high on the 7mgte becuase my uncle has an A70 with one and its been rebuilt and apparently its bulletproof he says (HOT SUP).

So i thought his best mate, mechanic too could help me with mine if i was to get one.

Well thanks guys for the feedback.

If you guys come across any of these engines for sale anywhere please let me know.

It will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks.

I was thinking of doing some serious work to the lil beast of mine atm.

Seriously thinking of doing an engine swap from a 22RE to a nice 7MGTE.

Any feedback on this would be nice.

I had this on supraforums as a suggestion but got shut down big time.

Anyone have any info they can share on this? Like some Pros and Cons of this type of engine swap?

Also and how to go about buying a 7MGTE.

top choice there wit the engine im currently in the R&D of doing a engine swap from 22r to 7mgte in my 2wd hilux

if u need a hand in anyways ill try me best to help u out