Rear engine mount & other problems

Eargunk

I just got back from road worthy guy, i have a list of problems but dont know where they are

i would like to know where the "engine front seal" is, this is the exact words on the report "Engine front seal leaking"

"Right hand lower radiator support rubber" "RH lower rad support rubber missing"

"Rear engine mount" "Rear engine mount broken"

and does anyone know what a RCA shoes border or order is, there is grease smeared over it and he was "too busy" to explain, a picture would be extremely useful.

Do you have any mechanically minded mates? Your engine will have to be out of the body for this one.

Front main seal is behind crank pulley, basically what separates the oil from leaking out everywhere (which I'm assuming is happening). While you're there, take your radiator out. It will be sitting in two rubber mounts, these obviously are what's the issue and you'll need to replace them.

Engine mounts will be ridiculously easy to see/replace while the engines out, if it's not then you're going to have to get the car on a hoist, lift the engine out of the mounts slightly and it will be up against the firewall-ish.

I can take pics of what I'm talking about if you don't understand, my cars going to be up on a hoist to sort out an exhaust rattle.

Edited by the_random_hero

that would be awesome and sounds like a big job, and alot of fun, thanks, pictures would help alot. OH and the oil seal, it isnt leaking, its just stains from when i missed the funnel when pouring the oil, he lied... and after inspecting my car myself (a mate dropped it off for inspection) some of the stuff on it was only slightly damaged, (the power steering boot, one wasn't even split, one had a tiny nick).

that would be awesome and sounds like a big job, and alot of fun, thanks, pictures would help alot. OH and the oil seal, it isnt leaking, its just stains from when i missed the funnel when pouring the oil, he lied... and after inspecting my car myself (a mate dropped it off for inspection) some of the stuff on it was only slightly damaged, (the power steering boot, one wasn't even split, one had a tiny nick).

Go nuts with degreaser on the block and you should be right. I'd think about taking it to somebody else from now on, guy sounds like he's just being a bit pedantic. Not condoning anything illegal, but if he's going to write it up for something that he obviously was too lazy to properly check, I'd find somebody else.

i went to someone my mum knew and found that every that that guy said except the radiator rubber thingy was a lie pretty much, the only problem was that rubber bit, and the "engine mount" that the 1st guy said was actually a rubber ring that was slightly split, the break cylinders wasnt even leaking, the guy my mum knew said it was a top nip car, suprising for a 250000km car that was made in 1993 and running extremely well, the large noise when i go past 3500 revs is the heat spreader rattling on the transmission and the exhaust i think, cant remember. but i got my road worthy straight away, everythign was fixed and it only cost me $30 which was SAWEEEET!