attaching eyelids and sanding/

just a few questions. im wondering if you guys 3m tape to attach your eyelids..

im so worried that they might get flogged though..

also after ive sanded them down did you paint the rear of the eyelids as well?

tips would be appreciated.

Regards Brad.

Regards Brad.

They eyelids are very difficult to remove when attached with a generous amount of 3M tape.

You dont have to paint the whole back, but ensure you get even coverage around the edges

Regards Brad.

They eyelids are very difficult to remove when attached with a generous amount of 3M tape.

You dont have to paint the whole back, but ensure you get even coverage around the edges

Ditto ^

I had to remove mine once..............(due to a poor spray attempt) and i had to use fishing line to get them off, took nearly 10 mins an eyelid.

Edited by CME-LFT

^^^^ x2

I stuck one eyelid on, realised that it wasn't perfectly straight and couldn't correct it because the 3m tape is so strong.

just use some womans makeup remover that stuff will get any thing out :o

i heard Chuck Norris couldnt even remove some ppls eyelids !!

thats a lie :angry:

sweet as. that cures my worries!

now if the god damn x port company would screw me around id have my car to work on by now!

ahah bad luck dude, though do what i did xD i waited a week or so for my car from the seller, so i basically just gathered the things i was going to do to the car. the day my car came in most of the stuff went in xD

Edited by tiet

lol, wouldnt recommend glue........too permanent for my liking. :(

well fair enough but seriously when do you ever take your eyelids off??

because i got mine professionally painted at the panel beater and he asked me if i wanted to use the tape or tape and glue so tape and glue it is no dramas since

Edited by KaZe-

lol, wouldnt recommend glue........too permanent for my liking. :(

well fair enough but seriously when do you ever take your eyelids off??

because i got mine professionally painted at the panel beater and he asked me if i wanted to use the tape or tape and glue so tape and glue it is no dramas since

the glue he most likely used is silicon based adhesive good stuff used alot in the refinishing trade, best way to remove is with a plastic scraper

well i waited for like a week just for my dealer to organise the x port. then he said it would be there on friday. but then they said tuesday. then i called the xport company 3 times and they said they would call me back but never did. then the last day(today) i called them back and they said it arrived today.....

i was thinking wouldnt they fing call me?!!!!!??????

anyway i have work this week so cant pick it up. the depot is like an ohur from my house so ill go with a friend on sat.

yep. waiting to pick up my strut bar and springs too. soon to come is CAI and wheels!

well i waited for like a week just for my dealer to organise the x port. then he said it would be there on friday. but then they said tuesday. then i called the xport company 3 times and they said they would call me back but never did. then the last day(today) i called them back and they said it arrived today.....

i was thinking wouldnt they fing call me?!!!!!??????

anyway i have work this week so cant pick it up. the depot is like an ohur from my house so ill go with a friend on sat.

yep. waiting to pick up my strut bar and springs too. soon to come is CAI and wheels!

Hi can i ask where your car is coming from or where you bought it? and what export company has to do with it ?

I'll apologize now incase i've missed something :)

brisbane to sydney id rather not say the company name.

this might be a one off screw up. so i dont want to create a bigger problem!

Ah ok thought you were waiting on parts,but its the car.I just saw you got it.. Congratulations and i bet you wont be sleeping tonight :D :D

should i use a primer just incase to make it stick better?

also ill be spraying my mud flaps at the back until i get a rear skirt.

so i think i read somewhere.

primer

black paint 05 rolla i forgot the code....

and clear sealant.

this should be good enough for the eyelids front& rear and the mudflaps right?

anyone that got theirs professionaly done can you post me a price on how much it was to get your eyelids done?

ive already sanded the eyelids back with 600 sandpaper( all i had on me atm) so i was thinking the primer would be good.

primer

and clear sealant.

anyone that got theirs professionaly done can you post me a price on how much it was to get your eyelids done?

ive already sanded the eyelids back with 600 sandpaper( all i had on me atm) so i was thinking the primer would be good.

600 to corse brother, 800 or 1200 is better but sanding is not needed when using plastic primer, if theres no marks or scratches on it u can plastic primer and paint straight over it - use prepsol to clean but watch for static, plastic primer, base coat, clearcoat....done

primer

and clear sealant.

600 to corse brother, 800 or 1200 is better but sanding is not needed when using plastic primer, if theres no marks or scratches on it u can plastic primer and paint straight over it - use prepsol to clean but watch for static, plastic primer, base coat, clearcoat....done

thanks man. well thats the paper i had in my other car... so i just used it. it doesnt seem too bad. it got rid a few bumps and marks. ill go over it with 800 /1200 tomorrow if you think i should.

Stick the cnts on with some bloody marine sealant, should be able to get em off like debadging a car when you want to throw the cnts to the ***** heap...

Edited by Simo

thanks man. well thats the paper i had in my other car... so i just used it. it doesnt seem too bad. it got rid a few bumps and marks. ill go over it with 800 /1200 tomorrow if you think i should.

For metallic colours you really should rub the primer back with 1000grit prior to the base coat.

well ill just primer it then do a 1000 sand/ then black metalic and clear....

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

the thing with plastic primers there not supposed to be sanded back, there not a thiller there an adhesion promoter. if u use a clear based promoter dont sand it back, with a primer based one, u can get away with a little sanding but if u rub thru make sure u touch up that area again

Edited by spillige

well ill just primer it then do a 1000 sand/ then black metalic and clear....

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

the thing with plastic primers there not supposed to be sanded back, there not a thiller there an adhesion promoter. if u use a clear based promoter dont sand it back, with a primer based one, u can get away with a little sanding but if u rub thru make sure u touch up that area again

yea i that that was the case for plastic primers.

thanks man!