Press-studs holding trim in boot

Crew,

I have a small dint in the top of my bootlid (08 Rolla Sedan).

I am hoping I can push it out if I can get to it. The inside of the bootlid has this strange corrugated plastic trim held in place with press-studs. Is there a safe way to pop them out without destroying them or the trim in the process? They don't seem to want to release if I try pulling them out...

My apologies this is not a performance based question but I am sure there will be plenty of them as time progresses.

Thanx

Crew,

I have a small dint in the top of my bootlid (08 Rolla Sedan).

I am hoping I can push it out if I can get to it. The inside of the bootlid has this strange corrugated plastic trim held in place with press-studs. Is there a safe way to pop them out without destroying them or the trim in the process? They don't seem to want to release if I try pulling them out...

My apologies this is not a performance based question but I am sure there will be plenty of them as time progresses.

Thanx

Are they Christmas tree studs? Don't worry about destroying them, they can take some abuse and if they break they're $2 for a pack of 10 (just guesstimating) at Supercheap or the like.

016.jpg

Are they Christmas tree studs? Don't worry about destroying them, they can take some abuse and if they break they're $2 for a pack of 10 (just guesstimating) at Supercheap or the like.

016.jpg

That's the ones!!! So I just yank that stud straight out? There go my fingernails...

Thanx 'Hiro'!!!

That's the ones!!! So I just yank that stud straight out? There go my fingernails...

Thanx 'Hiro'!!!

Flat-blade screwdriver works well. Like I said, if you break a couple it's no big deal, just about every boot trim in every car ever made in the last 20 years is held down by them, so they're easy-as to get new ones, just make sure you get the right size (there's a couple)

dont you just hate it when you yank at a stud and it snaps ?

Oh yes! I hate the ones though that when the head snaps off, the stem falls into the hole, usually on a panel that you can't get behind so you will forever have a loose piece of plastic rolling around.