drove 2009 corolla yesterday

parents hired the 2009 corolla from the airport so i thought id test drive it out, being the case that it was in the drive way at home :D

It was horrible!! :(

1.Couldnt see over the dash because the nose was soo sloped. (no im not short for anyone that was curious)

2.The dash is was too long (what a waste of space that could have been put to better use)

3. got these little tiny small windows just infront of the side mirrors....looks kinda gay.

4.Exterior looks fine except there is no boot so if your sitting in the back and somone crashes into you...your definalty dead.

5. interior looks cheap.

I dont know about the more expensive models of the 2009 corolla but the ascent looks very flimsy. I recon the older corolla's are better designed than the 2009.

Wow.. you seem llike you really hate it!

Family had a Conquest and Levin ZR, it did not seem that bad as you said.. it just feels like a 'different' car thats all... lol!!

B)

6. It had trouble getting to 180km/h

:P

rofl 180 in a rent a car... imagine if they had a scan gauge and looked up ur last top speed LOL!

Edited by Ray89

I've driven a few cars in the Corolla class and I thought the NVH and general refinement to be at the front of the pack. This view is supported by Wheels mag as well. Styling didn't offend me and I agree the interior takes time getting used to. I would've like to see more soft touch plastics used in the car but centre console is 'unique' which is odd for a Toyota. Engine could use more pep but this maybe because I have an auto. Dynamically its better than I expected.

i really love my 08 Ascent, it goes really smooth and I like the shape of the car...just a couple of things that I dont like about the car; lack of power (compare to my previous car 1.8 turbo Silvia), no power windows for the rear passengers and the boot is too small...

• 1 month later...
I didnt even test drive it,ordered it and waited a month for it, then my first drive was taking it home from dealership. :)

Same. First drive was out of the dealership. I didnt even know how to shift into reverse for like 10mins. lol. Ok, thoughts on the car.

Previously owned a celica sx coupe, awesome first car. I think the new corolla gives a sporty feel and look but doesnt offer the performance level of said previous models. More luxury and creature comforts are in mind.

In the case of the Levin range esp. ZR (which is the top model) they basically just make the car user friendly with top level technology. eg. 6 CD stacker, auto headlights, auto wipers, keyless entry, start button, headlight spray (my fav)

Those small windows you noticed was being dreamed up about 5-6 years ago, i read about it in a car magazine. It basically gives the driver a better vision of the road, apparently the a-pillar was blocking our vision and causing accidents. Like wat JVN11L was saying.

I think the interior eg. Levin ZR is clean, modern and once again user friendly. I really like the overall shape of the car.

I did ask in 2008 if there was a Sportivo range to purchase at my dealership, they said no, apparently, the manufacturer of the sportivo engine in south africa stopped production, so the Levin ZR was my next choice.

hahah dam right... i couldn't get it to do 180km in reverse lol :toast:

i guess its just me....they drive fine so i cant say anything about performance. I guess its just preference on what people like about the exterior and interior. Im not complaining about all the 2009 corolla's.......just the one i drove. :whistling:

Hey nate wots up bro???

Well myn didnt have trouble goin past 180 wen i SNAPPED YOU comin home from the mid month meet in FEB... LOL!!!

I bet the hire car was AUTO.... LOL.. THERE SLOW!!! -SORRY WILL aka ASCENDANT RICE- LOL!!!

Me n my mate were driving his girlfrenz mums conquest on the weekend its a AUTO n it SUCKED!!!!!

Im not saying my cars fast or n e thin.. LOL..

But there a gr8 lil car...

Heaps of my mates spin out wen they c the interior n they lyk it!

hahah dam right... i couldn't get it to do 180km in reverse lol :toast:

i guess its just me....they drive fine so i cant say anything about performance. I guess its just preference on what people like about the exterior and interior. Im not complaining about all the 2009 corolla's.......just the one i drove. :whistling:

Hey nate wots up bro???

Well myn didnt have trouble goin past 180 wen i SNAPPED YOU comin home from the mid month meet in FEB... LOL!!!

I bet the hire car was AUTO.... LOL.. THERE SLOW!!! -SORRY WILL aka ASCENDANT RICE- LOL!!!

Me n my mate were driving his girlfrenz mums conquest on the weekend its a AUTO n it SUCKED!!!!!

Im not saying my cars fast or n e thin.. LOL..

But there a gr8 lil car...

Heaps of my mates spin out wen they c the interior n they lyk it!

lol