Modifications

AndyS

xoom is. Haw.

In regards to vehicle modifications, I suggest you make contact with the RTA. Your question is extremely broad. If it was more focused on what it is you are considering doing to your car as an example, you may get an actual answer out of someone on here, as opposed to this post, which I wrote out of boredom...and to pick on xoom. Although he doesn't really deserve it. He's a nice guy. Likes kebabs also, and HOW.

Edited by Dead

in austtralia on a new car any mods r illegal even exhuast but pre euro 4 cars any mods that arnt ajustable can be done as in aftermarket ecus with visible hand controllers adjustable fuel regs ajustable boost controllers etc etc but any mods still should be engineered

Edited by robie

Ok firstly ill start by saying im only going to comment about NSW laws since im not totally across the other states.

Motec ecu.

programmable ECU's letter to the law are in fact illegal because u are able to alter a cars tuning. I dont even believe u can put these on an engineers report in NSW

Tein coilover suspension

these would need an engineers report if the boys in blue really want to pick on u

full decat exhaust

this bad boy will render u with a massive 5 figure fine ..... decating an exhaust will break some of the greenies laws .... i believe it was something like $25K fine

water/methonol injection

hmmmm not to sure but given its modifying the car i'd say given the current state of play it would need to be in an engineers report

screamer pipe

big no no ...... the epa would warrant a screamer to be creating noise pollution ..... all venting from a turbo application must be re-routed back into the system ..... i.e. nothing must vent to the environment ..... this includes BOV's that vent to the environment ..... big no no for the epa crew.