removing spoiler

goppy

has anyone removed there spoiler? if so are there any huge ugly holes? i've always said removing the spoiler will make people look twice but im not sure how to.

heres an example of one with the spoiler post-5294-1233451613_thumb.jpg and one without post-5294-1233451552_thumb.jpg, sorry about the picture theft eSEXSIX

thanks goppy

Edited by goppy

has anyone removed there spoiler? if so are there any huge ugly holes? i've always said removing the spoiler will make people look twice but im not sure how to.

heres an example of one with the spoiler post-5294-1233451613_thumb.jpg and one without post-5294-1233451552_thumb.jpg, sorry about the picture theft eSEXSIX

thanks goppy

Maaan that colour is crazy hot. It reminds me of a movie i used to watch as a young fella, I think it was called "COBRA", the one with Sly Stallone with that crazy silver car. (Some of you ol fellas will know the movie)

Looks good without the spoiler, more sleek looking.

Edited by BONDIE

thanks goppy

Maaan that colour is crazy hot. It reminds me of a movie i used to watch as a young fella, I think it was called "COBRA", the one with Sly Stallone with that crazy silver car. (Some of you ol fellas will know the movie)

Looks good without the spoiler, more sleek looking.

i think there is a colour very colse to it, yea i agree, no anything about removing? or nah?

I'm not sure if anyone here has removed their spoiler yet. Well, I haven't heard of it happening yet anyways. Removing the spoiler will be relatively easy as you just need to take the lining off the inside of the boot lid, loosen a few nuts that hold the spoiler in, then pull the spoiler off. Then you have the fun task of filling in the holes that you now have in the lid of your boot, then getting it pained and blended in.

But a Sportivo without a spoiler? I reckon it would look a little bit too odd. You would at least want a duck tail to create balance in combination with the rear skirt.

Edit: On closer inspection, the spoiler is held in by 1 nut on each side, and one plastic clip. This will mean you will have a total of five holes to patch on your boot lid.

dsc03359ho6.th.jpg dsc03360bt3.th.jpg

And on the left hand side here, you can see the size of the hole for the cable loom:

dsc03366jr3.th.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone here has removed their spoiler yet. Well, I haven't heard of it happening yet anyways. Removing the spoiler will be relatively easy as you just need to take the lining off the inside of the boot lid, loosen a few nuts that hold the spoiler in, then pull the spoiler off. Then you have the fun task of filling in the holes that you now have in the lid of your boot, then getting it pained and blended in.

But a Sportivo without a spoiler? I reckon it would look a little bit too odd. You would at least want a duck tail to create balance in combination with the rear skirt.

Edit: On closer inspection, the spoiler is held in by 1 nut on each side, and one plastic clip. This will mean you will have a total of five holes to patch on your boot lid.

dsc03359ho6.th.jpg dsc03360bt3.th.jpg

And on the left hand side here, you can see the size of the hole for the cable loom:

dsc03366jr3.th.jpg

thanks daryl, after what youve told me i'll forget about removing it lol

Wingless ftw!

Or get a presara :P

yes wingless ftw for sure, i would go perserra but its gotta have the sportivo body kit :)

Get someone without a wing to do a bootswap maybe?

I was going to get an aftermarket sportivo kit but will just get the lip kit from Thailand instead.

All sticks need is to be dumped on 19/20s and it looks good. De-wing to be different.

bondie my good man!! wanna boot swap? lol

Naaaaa, sorry brother, Thats one of the reasons i chose the car ive got, not a big fan of raised spoilers. No offence, personal opinion. Don't mind the little lip/duck tails though. Im going for the more of a sleek look.

Cheers, anyways.

I think the Aurions look better without the big wing....but I've never liked big wings. Duck tail or lower wing would be good but the current range available isnt very attractive.

Another thing to note too - if Sportivo's remove the wing you'll need a 3rd brakelight. I cant remember what the ATX/Presara/Prodigy 3rd light looks like but Im imagining it would be as easy as getting the ATX/Presara/Prodigy 3rd light & re-running the wires to the parcel shelf. Either that or make a custom one...

ATX/Prodigy/Presara owners who want a wing will prob just have to splice the 3rd brake light wire thats there or completely unhook it & extend to the wing.

Not as easy as bolt on & take off.

Another thing to note too - if Sportivo's remove the wing you'll need a 3rd brakelight. I cant remember what the ATX/Presara/Prodigy 3rd light looks like but Im imagining it would be as easy as getting the ATX/Presara/Prodigy 3rd light & re-running the wires to the parcel shelf. Either that or make a custom one...

Would definitley need to be a little bit of a custom job. Because the rear brake lights are LED and don't need replacing, the spoiler-less Aurion's have the third brake light moulded into the parcel shelf for that clean look.

bondie my good man!! wanna boot swap? lol

Naaaaa, sorry brother, Thats one of the reasons i chose the car ive got, not a big fan of raised spoilers. No offence, personal opinion. Don't mind the little lip/duck tails though. Im going for the more of a sleek look.

Cheers, anyways.

Bondie - hence why Iam putting a duck tail lip / not into big spoilers that look like you could push your car like a shopping trolley :-)

Azza73

1950 Ford Mercury Monterey

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3432/50...montereyqh3.jpg

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/483/50m...reycobrafh6.jpg

But if I had my choice;

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/5360/68...echargered8.jpg

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7167/68...charger1pc2.jpg

Anyway, to stay 'on' topic, I think it would look pretty slick without the spoiler. And the colour you have chosen would be sweet but remember to get the spoiler painted the same colour as the car just incase you want it back on.

• 11 months later...

A revival of an old topic..

What do I use to cover the holes from the spoiler?

Not that I want to remove the spoiler, but I was thinking of installing the TRD rear wing to the sportivo. I just found out that the holes don't fit, FAIL BIG TIME.

its not that expensive to get the holes filled in and the boot lid resprayed...

my old wrx only cost me about $240 from memory...

I wasn't told $240..Not even close. =(

Any cheap DIY?

Or any1 wanna boot swap? xDDDDDD

Edited by VF-X

Would it make sense to make changes in the wing itself instead of the boot? I mean, it's a zr6. It should have the elements of ZR..

And would make much more sense, and easier..

ah ok...

well, i've never compared the mounting holes for the two wings... but one would assume that they are exactly the same considering the fact the car started its life off as a sportivo..

maybe dave/daryl has more to comment on this as they seem to have taken random things apart at times... :lol:

would it help you if i take my wing off and take measurements/pictures of the holes in the boot lid?

i actually want to take the top part of my wing off and see what it looks like with just the 'duck tail' part of it... depends what time i get home tonight, i might give it a go... :)

ah ok...

well, i've never compared the mounting holes for the two wings... but one would assume that they are exactly the same considering the fact the car started its life off as a sportivo..

That was me.. :(

would it help you if i take my wing off and take measurements/pictures of the holes in the boot lid?

Nah man, dun worry. How did u think I knew the mounting holes are different to begin with anw? :lol:

I can make measurements from the wing itself. But If u do take it off, wouldn't hurt to see some pics. :P

i actually want to take the top part of my wing off and see what it looks like with just the 'duck tail' part of it... depends what time i get home tonight, i might give it a go... :)

I bet it's gonna be a bit dull, considering ur bumper is TRD, without wing and just ducktail, I'll be like err...

Do take the ducktail off and see how the rear wing go by itself.. That'll help my dcision :lol: :D