Kluger Name Plate On Back Lift Door

becks

Hi Folks/M8's

I own an 08 Highlander/Kluger. I am trying to find out where I can get the "Kluger" name plate that goes on the rear lift gate. Mine says Highlander here in the states.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I am a Lifetime member of Toyotanation.com here in the states. Stop by and say hello anytime.

Thanks & Cheers

Becks

Hi Folks/M8's

I own an 08 Highlander/Kluger. I am trying to find out where I can get the "Kluger" name plate that goes on the rear lift gate. Mine says Highlander here in the states.

Maybe if you could find someone here who wants the "Highlander" name plate then you could swap.

Edited by Colonel

Hi Folks/M8's

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I am a Lifetime member of Toyotanation.com here in the states. Stop by and say hello anytime.

Thanks & Cheers

Becks

On the Toyotanation.com site, someone had already found the following.

CASTLE HILL TOYOTA

http://www.chtoyota.com.au/mainparts.htm

011-61-2-8831-8831

They seem good, as they are willing to ship overseas; I havent seen any others that will do this.

I am thinking of trying them to get me a set of black roof rails and cross bars from the US Highlander.

After spending a couple of months in the US last year, and seeing a lot of Highlanders, I think you should be trying to order the spare wheel cover that is standard here in Australia. It looks much better than seeing the inside of the spare from behind.

Hey Mikeyboy,

I'm interested on the price quoted for your roof rails from the US as I have a KXR model. Are they black or the silver coated ones?

We may get it cheaper if its a group buy?

Gerds

I' waiting for the price on black ones. They should go better with the KX-R.

Also, in the US, they have cross bars that fit into the slots on the inside of the rails instead of the racks that clamp around the rails here. They look more streamlined and would mean there's no reason to take them off when not in use.

Getting parts from US is not a bad idea, even with poor exchange rate now.

U can search ebay US for few shops that supply them, but here is one I found:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/thetrdshop__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Particularly, if you get few parts, like brake pads or similar in one order, and have it shipped non-express, it can be worth while, considering part prices here, i.e., air filter (paper) element for Kluger is $50.00 !!!, but the oil filter is $20.

Some shops have big discounts from time to time - not surprising considering the carp they are in.

Thanks Becks, I'd not be out of line by saying that most of Australia is reeling from shock - devastating fires in Victoria and flooding in Queensland, so many families affected - I hope that all our members on here from both states are faring well in this difficult time.

Anyway, as per the Toyotanation thread, I'll chase up a price on the Kluger nameplate for anyone that's interested and let you know B)

Cheers

Edited by holmesie

Holmsie,

You are a true gentleman. Many thanks for all your help. It is appreciated. Thank you for stopping by Toyotanation.com, it was a pleasant surprise to hear from you on both continents..lol.

I won't be suprised if you post another picture with another toy attached..lol. That is a great look'n Kluger. Love the fact that you were able to get the black leather.

If there is anything I can do for you from the states..just ask :-) I'm home for about 6 months b4 I ship out again. Btw...the spare tire cover you guys get is Crack'n good. It's a $350.00 option in the states...too much for what it is..IMO.

Cheers M8 !!

Becks

On a similar topic, i wish there was a grab handle in a more appropriate spot, the material tag is just not good enough, i find myself pulling down on the paintwork as the material grad handle seems to be on a wrong angle for me(6foot)

Does the Highlander have the same setup?

Hi Black,

Yes it does have the same strap handle. However, the new 09's do not. They are coming in with a molded hand grip instead. Not sure if it is better or not. The molded hand grip is on the new 4 valve model...Don't know if it is on the 6 valve versions we have. We also do not get the side markers you have on the front quarter panels (which I think is a nice touch).

Yes...the side indicators. I wish the HL came with directional indicators built into the mirrors...ahh well..

I don't think I have ever used the strap to close the lift gate. It's too awkward.

Have A Great Day,

Becks