ideas ?

mrs.sportivo

me thinks that if she were going 90km/h in the left lane, and turned left towards the kerb/emergancy lane to get out of traffic instead of driving 110, moving right (which i could only imagine to be the fast lane?), with other cars and trucks going 120 around her... she may have avoided a lot of what happened.

but then again.. a lot of this is just guessing.. since she hasnt said which lane she was in, traffic/weather conditions, how fast she hit the brakes or which freeway. is there an emergancy lane on the right side of any freeway?

Edited by J_J

just want to get a clearer understanding of what happened... what kinda doesnt make much sense is that you "steered to the right to park".. logic and experience tells me you would normally go to the left.. where the slow/emergancy lane is located if you intended to eventually stop... freeway is at least 2-3 lanes yea? so which lane were you in at the time? sounds like you were trying to drive on an island in the middle of the road or something if you were trying to merge right.

in that case, you must have been trying to slow down into the fast lane? fast lane going at upto and around 120km/h? :blink:

There was only 2 lanes, i was in the right lane - there was grass on the right hand side so i figured to park there would be fine, but when i tried to brake and actually steer right, my car lost control. There was no island ? mind you this is like in the middle of no where