2004 Corolla Fog Lights

www.ozeparts.com.au

They sell it as a complete kit with wiring and switch, you just have to arrange for an Auto Electrician to fit them for you.

I'm in the process of having the ozeparts kit fitted to our wagon, and I second IZZ-FE's advice in having it fitted by an auto electrician ... unfortunately, the wiring doesn't quite match up as it says in the instructions, so best to have a professional look at it. My sparky and I looked everywhere, but we just couldn't find the connector behind the dash for the switch.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the original build of our model (from 2000 in Japan) had the switch in the dash, but once "our" model started production (Aust deliveries from Dec 2001), where the upper models have the switch on the light stalk, they replaced the switch-based connection with one to suit the stalk.

Having said that, IMHO, the lights definitely complete the vehicle (for those of us running 'Rollas sans spoilers, anyway!) I've attached a pic of the lights fitted, although IZZ-FE has some good clear pics on the forum as well.

www.ozeparts.com.au

They sell it as a complete kit with wiring and switch, you just have to arrange for an Auto Electrician to fit them for you.

I'm in the process of having the ozeparts kit fitted to our wagon, and I second IZZ-FE's advice in having it fitted by an auto electrician ... unfortunately, the wiring doesn't quite match up as it says in the instructions, so best to have a professional look at it. My sparky and I looked everywhere, but we just couldn't find the connector behind the dash for the switch.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the original build of our model (from 2000 in Japan) had the switch in the dash, but once "our" model started production (Aust deliveries from Dec 2001), where the upper models have the switch on the light stalk, they replaced the switch-based connection with one to suit the stalk.

Having said that, IMHO, the lights definitely complete the vehicle (for those of us running 'Rollas sans spoilers, anyway!) I've attached a pic of the lights fitted, although IZZ-FE has some good clear pics on the forum as well.

Onya Buddha - thought you'd never get it done B)

Onya Buddha - thought you'd never get it done   B)

I wasn't so sure myself! All done now and looking sweet.

Time to check what's next on my wish list! :D

mmm, I can answer that for you, a Stivo!!!! heheh :0

Nice  :)

I actually don't have a set yet  :(

Sorry IZZ-FE, there's my colour-blindness (or my colour-blondness!) again.

Your car is of course silver, and I forget the name of the person I'm thinking of, but their Rolla is a Steel Blue Conquest hatch.

Although, now I have the lights, I don't have an excuse anymore:

Red Riding Hood: "My, Buddha, what bright driving lights you have!"

Buddha: "All the better to see the Stivo's on a Thursday night, my dear!" :P

So the ozeparts set are good ?

Yep, I'm pleased with it ... as I said earlier, the only issue was a lack of a spot for the switch to plug into, it just meant my sparky had to run some of his own wiring to make it work, no big deal.

Something I've realised, though, is that the diagram on the switch (which lights up when its on) is in "landscape", where the switch blanks on the right of the steering column are "portrait", if you like. I'm wondering if perhaps the switch is meant to go alongside the other "landscape" switches, like the hazard lights, in the centre of the dash, and maybe there's a socket for the switch tucked in behind there.

Doesn't matter to me in the end, it all works like a bought one, and I would have had to remove one of the other switches or the seatbelt light to fit it in the centre, anyway.

Where did you mount your switch? 

I thought it would mount next to the security light and coin coin holder on the right of the steering column?

Yep, I replaced that poor excuse for a "coin holder", but the diagram of the light on the switch now looks like its pointing in the wrong direction, so that's why I figured is meant to be fitted "landscape"