Tradin In ZR for TRD

VF-X

cant go past a liberty gt spec b...

F*CKIN OATH!

I was lined up to buy a Lib H6 spec.B before the AUrion, but it fell through & dad convinced me to get Aurion. Regretted it every single day since.

GT's were good, manuals are rare(ish) and get alot more money used, ej20 engines were getting a little old though, but H6 engines (flat 6cyl) are as sweet as all heck, 3.0L, 180-90kw, AWD, 6spd manual gearbox, premium models with leather & sunroof are faultless & Mackintosh 13 speaker stereo tops it off. I was getting a 2005 model with 40k on the clock for $30k, so you can get newer & lower kms for a little more. The 6spd auto has sportshift (alot better than Aurions) and the newer ones get i-Drive from the Sti's...very nice.

If you get the wagon the sunroof is massive, from the driver to just behind the rear seat passengers.

Ah cr@p...........now I want to trade in the Aurion for one again.

meh Liberty is not that great. I traded my 06 3.0R Spec B on the ZR6.

My main issues were - the car is small - it is a medium sized car and at 6'3" i could never really get comfortable in it.

Second issue was that they had to replace the engine 3 times in 60,000km. i purchased the car new and it consumed copious amounts of oil from day 1. If i didn't top up the oil between services the engine would run dry. Have a read of the subaru forums and look at how many people seized their engines because the engine consumed the oil.

There was a design issue with the engine which caused oil to get past the rings. I was on the third engine which still consumed oil when i traded the car.

Having said that we have a 2006 Outback for my wife which hasn't had any issues at all since purchased new.

Aurion is a more comfortable cruiser and has better acceleration, Spec B was a better all round performer but had a nasty torque hole between 1500 - 3000rpm.

ANyway that's my 2c.

Every day I grapple with the decision on whether to put more money into mods for the Aurion or save the cash up for my next car which will be the Passat CC or Evo X MR.

Two VERY different options presented there....and sounds like the Aurion splits the difference, so keep it ;)

F*CKIN OATH!

I was lined up to buy a Lib H6 spec.B before the AUrion, but it fell through & dad convinced me to get Aurion. Regretted it every single day since.

GT's were good, manuals are rare(ish) and get alot more money used, ej20 engines were getting a little old though, but H6 engines (flat 6cyl) are as sweet as all heck, 3.0L, 180-90kw, AWD, 6spd manual gearbox, premium models with leather & sunroof are faultless & Mackintosh 13 speaker stereo tops it off. I was getting a 2005 model with 40k on the clock for $30k, so you can get newer & lower kms for a little more. The 6spd auto has sportshift (alot better than Aurions) and the newer ones get i-Drive from the Sti's...very nice.

If you get the wagon the sunroof is massive, from the driver to just behind the rear seat passengers.

My main issues were - the car is small - it is a medium sized car and at 6'3" i could never really get comfortable in it.

Second issue was that they had to replace the engine 3 times in 60,000km. i purchased the car new and it consumed copious amounts of oil from day 1. If i didn't top up the oil between services the engine would run dry. Have a read of the subaru forums and look at how many people seized their engines because the engine consumed the oil.

There was a design issue with the engine which caused oil to get past the rings. I was on the third engine which still consumed oil when i traded the car.

Having said that we have a 2006 Outback for my wife which hasn't had any issues at all since purchased new.

Aurion is a more comfortable cruiser and has better acceleration, Spec B was a better all round performer but had a nasty torque hole between 1500 - 3000rpm.

ANyway that's my 2c.

wow u were unlucky hahaha maybe its the driver!?

i am on several subie forums and havent heard of anyone blowing engines. u really shoulda got the 2.0/2.5 Turbo.

yeah at 6'3" u should be in a kluger or prado.

i find that the aurion too big and i cant judge how close the car is to the kerb. whereas in the liberty u have a way better feel. maybe im just not used to the aurion yet? or maybe i should lower it :)

the build quality on the subies are really really good. pity it doesnt have the features of the presara and is such a premium.

liberty sti's are not near 40k are they?

if u go for a TRD its got to be 3500SL.

F*CKIN OATH!

ANyway that's my 2c.

i am on several subie forums and havent heard of anyone blowing engines. u really shoulda got the 2.0/2.5 Turbo.

i find that the aurion too big and i cant judge how close the car is to the kerb. whereas in the liberty u have a way better feel. maybe im just not used to the aurion yet? or maybe i should lower it :)

the build quality on the subies are really really good. pity it doesnt have the features of the presara and is such a premium.

Ummm no - i don't think its a driver issue.

Here is a thread which lists 25 different people, all with oil consumption problems.

http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/forums/sh...rty+consumption

These were all H6 engines.

There are even more in the 4cyl 2.5 section.......Do a search on the same forum

F*CKIN OATH!

ANyway that's my 2c.

Ummm no - i don't think its a driver issue.

Here is a thread which lists 25 different people, all with oil consumption problems.

http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/forums/sh...rty+consumption

These were all H6 engines.

There are even more in the 4cyl 2.5 section.......Do a search on the same forum

I was kidding... 3 engines thats epic fail man!

well i dont rate MRT anymore so i wont bother reading up :P and if they touched your car then... jks

well how come that is the only forum with lots of issues!? that is so bizzare!!! nothing on ozliberty or liberty.asn or rslibertyforums...

anyways i know a couple of people with em and some even track them and they are doing fine.

back on topic...

3500SL or nothing

Ok, Back to topic...

Why would it be worth more to get SL rather than the S type apart from the luxurious and technological view.

I still choose SL mainly for keyless, which is very cool... Not even friends with Bmw or Merc B have those..

Just for my own satisfaction. :whistling:

SL has features like parking and clearance sensors, seats with more leather, different spoiler, dual zone climate control.

For me, the clincher was the seats and the fact that SL didn't come in red (at that time). The S' seats have alcantara which prevent sliding in sharp cornering. Also, the red interior is to my liking. For the features I missed out, I went aftermarket and got them cheaper and better than the Toyota stuff.