The North Queensland floods

As most of you folks down south would have seen in the news, the last month has produced a phenomenal amount of rain for the upper Queensland region. Sadly my fiance went against her bettter judgement and went driving in it in the Corolla. One flooded round-about and the 1zz got ummmm.... shall we say thirsty? Time for a new engine!

I'll chuck photos on here if I can get in and see it before my local dealership rips it all out.

As most of you folks down south would have seen in the news, the last month has produced a phenomenal amount of rain for the upper Queensland region. Sadly my fiance went against her bettter judgement and went driving in it in the Corolla. One flooded round-about and the 1zz got ummmm.... shall we say thirsty? Time for a new engine!

I'll chuck photos on here if I can get in and see it before my local dealership rips it all out.

What a bummer, sorry to hear that mate. Time for a 2zz upgrade maybe haha.

Good luck with it all.

my corolla threw a rod yesterday.

went through a massive amount of water on saturday night.

water obviously entered the intake via trd cold air intake

and boom.

2750 later for second hang low milage motor.

my rolla had only just done 60000km

spewing bro i feel your pain

• 1 month later...

Hey all, long time no post. Well, my insurance group finally got around to finishing all their decision making, and well... she's a goner. 11k quoted to repair by my local dealer, and the car was valued at 12.5. Reparable write off... Seems a bit seedy to me, as it appears the dealership themselves got first buyer option and are selling it all fixed! I can't really complain as it was under full comprehensive and I've gotten away cleanly, no loss of insurance rating etc. Now I just have to stop myself using the proceeds from the payout on the Celica. Well, after the bonnet spoiler anywho....

good to see you got a payout. Saw a 03/05 corolla today on the car carrier heading possibly to auctions in Sydney one of the several hundred car victims of flash floods here in Coffs. . . Does the dealer have a responsiblity to say the car has been flood damaged before he sells it even though he has repaired it?

I believe in the case of proper damage to the vehicle yes they do have to declare it, and it's checked when the car is put through the QLD transport re-engineering cert (I have no idea of the other states.) This was a bit of a different case as only the engine was damaged. The rest of the car was in pristine condition. So I think in this case they just have to pop a new 1zz-fe in and off it goes to the yards.

The insurance companies here have been writing the cars off. alot have been pushed into creeks by the water or sat in flood waters, So inside and out were damaged. So i dont think many will ever get back on the road,