How to repair scraped alloy rims

Kesawi

Unfortunately I've scraped the gutter with the front left wheel of my Kluger and put some nice marks on the 19" alloy rims. How can I go about repairing this minor damage?

you can get someone specially to weld the scrapes and have it looking good as new.... thats what i have to do too my rim but i didnt do the damage someone else did when i baught em so.... but my ex did that to his rim that he baught n came up looking new.

Hope that helps.

yeah its annoying..........i honestly wouldnt bother.....my rims all have some gutter rash from the prior owner and i havent worried as i feel its inevitable one day that it will happen....so now that i got them like that i dont have to worry lol....prob cost around 60-70 to do a full rim perfect approx....maybe cheaper.....just have to weigh it up...is it likely to happen again accidentally and will you want to spend it again ?

good luck mate.....cant really make it worse id try a big of course sandpaper and try myself to atleast neaten it up ?

yeah its annoying..........i honestly wouldnt bother.....my rims all have some gutter rash from the prior owner and i havent worried as i feel its inevitable one day that it will happen....so now that i got them like that i dont have to worry lol....prob cost around 60-70 to do a full rim perfect approx....maybe cheaper.....just have to weigh it up...is it likely to happen again accidentally and will you want to spend it again ?

good luck mate.....cant really make it worse id try a big of course sandpaper and try myself to atleast neaten it up ?

I agree, I'm not inclined to spend too much for something that's going to occur again. The though of using sand paper or a file had occurred to me, but I was cautious as to how much damage that may do.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey kewasi, I also have this problem on one or two of mine (plus the previous owner has hit the gutter on one of the spokes, so now there is this small black mark and an indented scratch).

Tbh, i wouldn't bother getting it fixed for the money - but it depends how much it means to you, do it if you can't stand the sight of the mark :)

The scrapes are only very minor, it seems like a lot of effort and cost to touch them up.

post-11798-1235949127_thumb.jpgpost-11798-1235949121_thumb.jpg

i fixed my gutter rash with this guy in WA tho, fixed all 4 and repainted all with gloss black $250 :)

How bad were yours? And any of u guys know how are the cost calculated?

• 4 weeks later...
The scrapes are only very minor, it seems like a lot of effort and cost to touch them up.

post-11798-1235949127_thumb.jpgpost-11798-1235949121_thumb.jpg

i fixed my gutter rash with this guy in WA tho, fixed all 4 and repainted all with gloss black $250 :)

How bad were yours? And any of u guys know how are the cost calculated?

that would be about right... just did the same to mine (similar sized rash to the pics attached) and spent half the afternoon ringing around... have quote ranging from 40 bucks to 140 per rim. very minor gutter rash as well.

decided to remove most of the jagged edges myself with various grade sandpaper... not perfect but i can live with it

the notion of "its bound to happen again" is stopping me from spending that money...

that would be about right... just did the same to mine (similar sized rash to the pics attached) and spent half the afternoon ringing around... have quote ranging from 40 bucks to 140 per rim. very minor gutter rash as well.

decided to remove most of the jagged edges myself with various grade sandpaper... not perfect but i can live with it

the notion of "its bound to happen again" is stopping me from spending that money...

That's why in the end I decided not to do anything with them. When I go to sell the car I'll get the rims, paint chips, small carpark dents and any other minor defects done at the same time.