Grr

Wulfkind

Sorry to whinge guys, but I need to vent.

So, I was planning a trip to QLD on friday night for a week. Taking the missus up to go to her best friends wedding. All week I've had this bad feeling about driving during the week (Not because I don't want to go, really looking forward to it actually) It has been the same feeling of dread I've had just hours before every car accident I've ever been involved in, its wierd, like a feeling that I /should not/ be driving.

Unfortunately I simply cannot not drive. I have to get to work somehow.

Anyhow to cut to the story, I was coming home from work, went to pick my mother up so I could pick up the lawn mower she laybyed for me (I moved in to a new place 4 months ago and thought it was about time to do the lawns) got all that done and left the shopping center unharmed. As I was waiting in traffic I heard a loud bang, took me a few minutes to realise but I had been hit up the rear by a Ford Telstar. The guy was fairly cooperative but wouldn't move his car out of traffic, so we quickly exchanged details and I went home. The back of the Aurion is pretty badly scuffed up and the bumper is completely buckled and most of the clips/mount points have broken off.

Now, this isn't the most horrible thing ever, I am comprehensively insured with Shannons (This is the annoying part)... I called up to make a claim (the first I've ever made with them) and was told it would take upto 2 days for the assessor to contact me to arrange to see the car! I'm leaving for QLD on friday (doubtfully now) and don't even know if they will even assess the car before then. It is completely, 100% drivable but apparently they cannot gaurentee they will repair the car without excess unless they atleast see it within the next two days.

The really annoying thing is that their assessment centre is in chatswood (I had not known this when I insured my Patrol with them) so I will be without my car for some period of time. I have my choice of repairer, but it will take atleast 3 days from the time of the quote for the assessor to inspect it!

Anyway... GRR... Overall just really peeved that my baby is hurt.

wow sorry to hear that mate everyone dreads that happening to them but its sure to come in due course...just a bit unlucky...****r ford drivers lol

but mate me and 'supercharged TRD' on this forum where out driving the other night and he had a pretty massive crash, the car was undrivable....that was about 3 or more weeks ago and as far as i know the assesors havnt even looked at it as yet....now thats SH|T survice!!! and he hasnt even got a replacement car that in AAMI's policy he is entitled to

but all the best in geting your car repaired man and hope to see you up in bris soon with a fresh new bumper :)

Edited by ELEGNT

Sorry to whinge guys, but I need to vent.

So, I was planning a trip to QLD on friday night for a week. Taking the missus up to go to her best friends wedding. All week I've had this bad feeling about driving during the week (Not because I don't want to go, really looking forward to it actually) It has been the same feeling of dread I've had just hours before every car accident I've ever been involved in, its wierd, like a feeling that I /should not/ be driving.

Unfortunately I simply cannot not drive. I have to get to work somehow.

Anyhow to cut to the story, I was coming home from work, went to pick my mother up so I could pick up the lawn mower she laybyed for me (I moved in to a new place 4 months ago and thought it was about time to do the lawns) got all that done and left the shopping center unharmed. As I was waiting in traffic I heard a loud bang, took me a few minutes to realise but I had been hit up the rear by a Ford Telstar. The guy was fairly cooperative but wouldn't move his car out of traffic, so we quickly exchanged details and I went home. The back of the Aurion is pretty badly scuffed up and the bumper is completely buckled and most of the clips/mount points have broken off.

Now, this isn't the most horrible thing ever, I am comprehensively insured with Shannons (This is the annoying part)... I called up to make a claim (the first I've ever made with them) and was told it would take upto 2 days for the assessor to contact me to arrange to see the car! I'm leaving for QLD on friday (doubtfully now) and don't even know if they will even assess the car before then. It is completely, 100% drivable but apparently they cannot gaurentee they will repair the car without excess unless they atleast see it within the next two days.

The really annoying thing is that their assessment centre is in chatswood (I had not known this when I insured my Patrol with them) so I will be without my car for some period of time. I have my choice of repairer, but it will take atleast 3 days from the time of the quote for the assessor to inspect it!

Anyway... GRR... Overall just really peeved that my baby is hurt.

crappy service man.im with shannons havent made a claim in 5yrs(thank the car gods)so i hope i dont need em.might be time to look HARD at the fine print on my policy and see just where i stand.anyway hope ya babys fixed soon.

what his TRD got written off?

damn... <_<

not written off but the wheel, suspension components, quarterpannel and driveline on oneside were pretty badly bent....not good

Thanks for the kind responses guys.

I've decided that I will make the trip to QLD damage and all and sort out the repairs when I get back. I ended up opting to go for my own repairer (who is around the corner from me, rather than across the city) in order to get the repairs done. He's taken real good care of the car in the past (He resprayed my front bumper for me and fixed a couple of dents) so I'd rather go with someone I trust, even if it takes a little longer.

I'll get some pics of the car tonight and post them up - I'm fairly sure the damage will survive the trip but I'd love to get some feedback from you guys just to be sure.