Caldina Steering Alignment

archie

you should move out to dealership for your Toyota Caldina GTT (ST215W). they will do the proper steering alignment.

Mr 'T' in the UK is not very sympathetic or helpful to owners of personal imports, when asked they tell me they cannot access service information if it is not a UK model, hence why I am asking for help on an Australian forum where the Caldina is more common!!

IMO, you better try to look for NewZealand forum too.

When I was in NZ, there were heaps of Caldinas on the street but couldn't find that many in Aus.

TBH, I've only seen 1 caldina since I moved to Australia in 2007.

• 2 weeks later...
IMO, you better try to look for NewZealand forum too.

When I was in NZ, there were heaps of Caldinas on the street but couldn't find that many in Aus.

TBH, I've only seen 1 caldina since I moved to Australia in 2007.

Thank's for that, I've now had some positive feedback from a NZ forum

Archie :)

What specs did you end up with?

I don't bother with factory specs, I'd rather sort out with the alignment guy to suit my driving.

BTW, I've ended up 0 toe front & rear.

Camber & castor not adjustable anyway, but I've got about -1 degree camber all round

What specs did you end up with?

I don't bother with factory specs, I'd rather sort out with the alignment guy to suit my driving.

BTW, I've ended up 0 toe front & rear.

Camber & castor not adjustable anyway, but I've got about -1 degree camber all round

My front wheels were toe'd out 2mm which would explain the car handling like a sack of potato's

I have set the front to .5mm toe in for now which has made a big difference and sharpened the handling up & got rid of the vibration through the steering wheel

Camber is at .7deg negative,

&

Rear wheels are 2mm toe in,

Camber is at 1.2deg negative

When I have a little spare time I will play around with the settings to see if I can improve things further!