Setting Idle on 5sfe camry

wishbone

hey guys just got the new engine mounts put into our 95 camry...however since they have been put in the car seems to vibrate more at idle when in drive..so i was wandering how would i go about setting the idler up to 1000rpm...i was told i just need to use a screw driver, but i cant seem to find where...any help will be much appreciated!

cheers

as far as i know, there actually isnt any manual adjustment of the idle speed on the 5s-fe. the idle speed is set to 700rpm by the engine computer and relies on sensor input signals to manage the idle speed. so that would only leave cleaning the engine of carbon deposits so improve readings.

even so, why do you want idle to be at 1000rpm when its supposed to be 700rpm? if your engine is vibrating excessively then check the dizzy, leads and plugs, or vacuum leakage. theyre known to cause vibrations at idle.

another possibility is that now the engine mounts are strong, theres not as much absorption of engine vibrations, thus transferring it to the chassis, which is where you're feeling it.

Edited by lateralus