AVICHD3

Tae

Hi All,

Anyone know if the Pioneer AVICHD3 can be fitted into Kluger KX-S? And how much fittings normally cost? Many thanks.

http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/Navigat...AVIC%20HD3.aspx

Cheers,

Tae

It can be fitted, as the connections, and size, are almost identical to the Kenwood DDX-8032BT I fitted to my KX-R. The only differences are the Pioneer has a speed pulse connection and a different SWI is used for Pioneer.

Whoever fits it will need to fit a 6V supply for the reversing camera, otherwise you will need to use the supply from the MFD and you will get a blank screen when in reverse. Also, make sure they fit the microphone in the same position as the Grande, in the roof in front of the light switch, as it is completely hidden and works perfectly.

The Pioneer system has definitely come down in price; $2373 with Ipod adapter. It is only a little over $100 more than my system now, where there was a much larger price difference when I got mine. I still didn't want the Pioneer as it didn't have a USB connection and that is what I prefer. The Ipod connection is just for the kids.

Even with the camera connections, it should only take an installer a maximum of 3 hours to fit and I dont think they charge that much; maybe $50 per hour.

If they don't know how to disasemble the Kluger panels and don't know which wires to use for the steering wheel buttons and camera connections, it could take a very long time.