zze123 trd rear strut brace vs ultra racing rear lower bar

doriae86

guys, chasing some info from those in the know

want to stiffen the rear of my car up a touch. car already has ugraded struts and rear sway bar.

deciding between the trd rear strut brace from nengun and the zze rear lower bar from ultra racing.

anyone on the forum been exposed to both products and able to provide some feedback on the results ?

thanks

I've got the TRD Font Strut and the UR Front Lower Bar (3p) for the front and they work alrite and no complains as it reduces a fair bit of bodyroll and understeer

BUT..

I currently have the TRD Rear Sway and the UR Rear Lower Bar that you mentioned. The Rear Lower Bar is a pain in the ***** to put in but once its in its great. I mean you'd never think such a hollow bar would do much of an improvement after you've upgraded your rear sway but I was wrong.. I find that (in blunt terms) the rear end pretty much do and go where you want it to.. (i mean to a certain extend...but def improved..)

I mean the Rear Lower Bar is roughly 205 + shipping and the TRD Rear Strut is 316 shipped from RHD (or cheaper C-One version for 260 shipped) I dont have the Rear Strut myself and I am looking into getting one.. till then I must say the Rear Lower Bar does a pretty good job :)

ok, ended up going with a c-one type R bar

$255 shipped from RHD japan.

good deals, appreciate thelink ken

you could hv told the WA-ians :) we were keen to get a few in for everyone (cheaper postage..)

oh well... let us know how it goes ey! wanna see if it involve a lot with installation..

and of course HOW it handles after the rear strut :)

deciding between the trd rear strut brace from nengun and the zze rear lower bar from ultra racing.

anyone on the forum been exposed to both products and able to provide some feedback on the results ?

Very few have rear strut bars, and even less have the under braces. So in short you'll be pretty hard pressed finding someone with both.

FWIW the rear strut>>>>front strut in usefulness.

lol dude, people take too long with gorup buy type arrangements - and i want it installed before i hit the track on the 24th

fitting wont be hard. biggest job will be removing and cutting the boot trim to suit!

Edited by doriae86

heres hoping they do, dont want to be making a mess with the dremmel

let me know if they dont, I still have mine from the TRD ones.

They mount in slightly different locations, so they don't use the same holes.

One hole is pre cut at least for the C-One, all that is required is to remove the boot light.

One hole is pre cut at least for the C-One, all that is required is to remove the boot light.

looking at pic of the c-one installed, you dont have to cut anything?

looking at pic of the c-one installed, you dont have to cut anything?

thats not a corolla you see if you are talking bout pics from RHD, its for illustration purposes only..

Hmm... looking at that photo, I prefer the location of the TRD one. It's more out of the way when putting bags in the boot. Although it looks like the c-one can be removed without stripping the entire boot area.