19" inch wheel for Aurion

mslun

G'day,

I am looking for a set of 19" deep dish style wheels like one of these and have been told from a couple of dealers that none of these would fit the Aurion because they are 19x8.5 in size even they are the 5x114.3 and with the right offset? - They told me most 18" would fit because many of them are 18x8 but I think it would look a bit too small on Aurion.

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/zoom/cheetah-black.htm

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/zoom/adrenalin.htm

However when I was browsing around their website, I have found one with the 19x8.5 in their showroom page...now I'm really confused.

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/showroom.htm

so appreciate if anyone can tell me what do I need to know to find out what wheel would fit the Aurion ...and also some recommendation on any wheels that you think it will look nice and not too hard to get in WA? - mine is a black sx6

Thanks

Edited by mslun

seeing ur in WA and im in Brissy ill let u get the same wheels as me lol :P

mate dont bother with 18's cos they will look really small especially with a dish

i dont really like any of the wheels you've put up, or anything made by speedy what so ever so to say

have a look on ozzytyres, telebtyres or eagletyres ull be sure to find somethin there

look on google images BAZO MIAMI wheels.....mmmm nice thats what i was going to get

u can go 19x8 or 8.5....people have even gone 9.5 on the rear

and yes that pcd is correct and the offset is 42

Edited by ELEGNT

mate dont bother with 18's cos they will look really small especially with a dish

i dont really like any of the wheels you've put up, or anything made by speedy what so ever so to say

have a look on ozzytyres, telebtyres or eagletyres ull be sure to find somethin there

look on google images BAZO MIAMI wheels.....mmmm nice thats what i was going to get

I dont wanna go for 20" because I don't wanna touch the suspension at all but hey thx for that info ELEGNT. Also btw, if you say I can go for 19x8.5 or even bigger, why do they tell me the wheels won't fit even they met all the stud patterns and offset requirments? Is it because they are made for RWD?

Thanks again

Dun bother listening to dealer, coz they dont wanna be blamed if anythin's wrong..

Im on 20s with 9.5 width, I'm still ok.. Still manage to roll the wheels...

Get at least 19 or else, the maximum i'd go is 21...

22 is troublesome... But yea they are still possible... :lol:

Offset... Im starting to forget these things...

Haha

also I was told that you are only allowed to put 2 sizes up (from original size) - i.e. 19" inch or there maybe insurance issues and get yellow sticker from the cop ?

Either way 20" inch sure does look really nice but a bit pricey for me, my budget is nothing more than $2k (could be one or two hundreds over) but that is.

I dont wanna go for 20" because I don't wanna touch the suspension at all but hey thx for that info ELEGNT. Also btw, if you say I can go for 19x8.5 or even bigger, why do they tell me the wheels won't fit even they met all the stud patterns and offset requirments? Is it because they are made for RWD?

Thanks again

yeh i dont know hey thats what they said for alot of ones that i liked i thought if it had the right pcd and offest it was a goer but obviously not for some reason. just get a heap of wheels that you like and then go ask about them all at once

a vertini (or koya makes them too): fashon, in 19's would look as. i got a photo of one if u wanna see just gotta track it down

or even b.boss veronica or b.boss maddens would look sweet on a black car

good luck

Thanks again

yeh i dont know hey thats what they said for alot of ones that i liked i thought if it had the right pcd and offest it was a goer but obviously not for some reason. just get a heap of wheels that you like and then go ask about them all at once

a vertini (or koya makes them too): fashon, in 19's would look as. i got a photo of one if u wanna see just gotta track it down

or even b.boss veronica or b.boss maddens would look sweet on a black car

good luck

Talkin about photos...I've been owing u one Elegnt.. :lol:

I'll try take some tonite

Just got it put on my car :P

Osaka RS5 Hyper Black 19x8.5 with Kumho KU31 245/35/R19 93Y

Fitting, balanced + lock nuts $2400 from TyrePower

Will post some pics up tomorrow...for some reason my cam s$$k ***** at night.

First impression is I really need to lower the car........I know there are lotsssssss of post regard lowering...but I don't want to go for too low, is it possible to just lower it like 10 - 20mm?

Also the front tyres go a bit wider then the car body, is it gonna create any problem (insurance / cops full off) ?

Thanks again :P

Opps...also wanna ask... how much I can possibly ask for selling the factory set :P

Edited by mslun

First impression is I really need to lower the car........I know there are lotsssssss of post regard lowering...but I don't want to go for too low, is it possible to just lower it like 10 - 20mm?

Also the front tyres go a bit wider then the car body, is it gonna create any problem (insurance / cops full off) ?

Opps...also wanna ask... how much I can possibly ask for selling the factory set :P

Hmm...$2,400... U sure u gettin the best deal? Or is it just me thinkin that's a bit over?

Ur front bit wider than the body, just make sure if u lower it, they dun scrub to each other..lol. Roll it or else..

10-20mm should be alrite i reckon.. And dun sell the factory's one... Just keep it...

good on ya man! u got any pics??

that is a pretty good price too B)

TRD spring out of the trd aurion (not aftermarket trd) will lower it 15mm

i had real trouble selling mine, dont no how much a wheel shop would give u for them but i sold mine for 400, bot of gutter rash 90% from 50% rear

i had real trouble selling mine, dont no how much a wheel shop would give u for them but i sold mine for 400, bot of gutter rash 90% from 50% rear

Wheel shop offered me $160 <_< so I'd rather keep them in my garage

About the TRD spring, where we can possibly get them from? Can we get them directly from Toyota?

Wheel shop offered me $160 <_< so I'd rather keep them in my garage

About the TRD spring, where we can possibly get them from? Can we get them directly from Toyota?

yeh i think the only place you are going to source them is from toyota as a new part. or if anyone on the forum lowered there TRD grab there old springs off them if they want to sell them.

only ever seen 1 trd lowered and it looks crazy hot, he convinced me to lower mine

Edited by ELEGNT

Hmm...$2,400... U sure u gettin the best deal? Or is it just me thinkin that's a bit over?

Ur front bit wider than the body, just make sure if u lower it, they dun scrub to each other..lol. Roll it or else..

10-20mm should be alrite i reckon.. And dun sell the factory's one... Just keep it...

And by saying the wheels going wider than the body, base on these pics, do you think is it gonna be any problem (scrubbing..or any possible) when lowered - let say 15 - 20mm ?

snc00011800x600.jpg

snc00012800x600.jpg

Thanks

nice rims I really like them just needs lowering and it will look hot guess 2400 ain't such a bad price for those bad boys.

don't think ill be getting new shoes for my baby anytime soon they just don't make enough shoes for an aurion that look good.

Edited by jaems

And by saying the wheels going wider than the body, base on these pics, do you think is it gonna be any problem (scrubbing..or any possible) when lowered - let say 15 - 20mm ?

Thanks

Depending on the spring u gonna use... From the pic, I'd say it's still possible for the front to scrub. 245/35/19 huh?

Ask ur wheel shop when u lower it.

Edited by VF-X

245/35/19's are the same size as the trd.

245/35/19's will not scrub as they are 2.83mm smaller in diameter than 245/35/20's. i have these and have never scrubbed. i know lots of people on pedders that have these and never scrub.

and the wheel/tire being outside the guard will become less when u lower it as it has independant front suspension, meaning the lower it goes the more camber is on them. this also means when u go over bumps the wheel goes up, the top of the wheel also goes in aswell therefor not hitting the guards.

i really like the wheel tho!!!!! look even better when u lower it :D

Edited by ELEGNT

245/35/19's will not scrub as they are 2.83mm smaller in diameter than 245/35/20's. i have these and have never scrubbed. i know lots of people on pedders that have these and never scrub.

and the wheel/tire being outside the guard will become less when u lower it as it has independant front suspension, meaning the lower it goes the more camber is on them. this also means when u go over bumps the wheel goes up, the top of the wheel also goes in aswell therefor not hitting the guards.

In my case, i cut a bit of evry springs to get to the height i want. I don't know the low difference between the stock and pedders. But with my 235/35/20s, it sometimes scrub dpending on how fast u go and the angle when making turns.

In my case, i cut a bit of evry springs to get to the height i want. I don't know the low difference between the stock and pedders. But with my 235/35/20s, it sometimes scrub dpending on how fast u go and the angle when making turns.

YOU WHAT... THE SPRINGS?

better that heating them up and compressing them i guess!!!???

Does the stock TRD spring direct fit on my sx6 tho? Just got off the phone from Toyota parts and they said can supply the coil.

Another problem is, I'm not sure if we were talking about the same thing, he kept asking if I want the "coil" while I told him I want the "spring" - coil / springs same thing but different term? So he sent me the diagram and ask (I've attached the diagram). I'm no expert at all, pls help :P

******Update********

Just got the email back from them and yes we were talking about the same thing, part number is #48231, so the questions left are

#1 does it fit on the sx6? and if it does,

#2 Any other part that I will need to get it install?

Thanks again fellas

post-12400-1240891247_thumb.jpg

Edited by mslun

just ask them to check if the part number of the sx6 and the trd shock absorber is the same or not...

if its the same, then it'll fit...

if the part numbers are different, then you'll most likely need to replace the shocks as well... and if thats the case, then you might have to change other things that come off the shocks if the mounting points are different...

i cant see that being the case, but just giving you a 'worst case' scenario... :)

just ask them to check if the part number of the sx6 and the trd shock absorber is the same or not...

if its the same, then it'll fit...

if the part numbers are different, then you'll most likely need to replace the shocks as well... and if thats the case, then you might have to change other things that come off the shocks if the mounting points are different...

i cant see that being the case, but just giving you a 'worst case' scenario... :)

Thx Man I might call them again and check it out.

I also found there was a thread in TN about a guy put the TRD springs into his Camry, not sure which TRD springs he got tho

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272954

I've also been thinking... by changing the springs only with the same shock, does it cause much damages ?